8-22 GT: Sox @ Cubs (7:15pm)

People always say he needs to "focus". Does the guy have bad ADD? Is it really his focus, or is it just because throwing a high velocity fastball and breaking pitches is just really hard to do consistently? He may just not have the control.

Just now, Sox80 said:

Who's your 5th starter then? Serious question not being sarcastic. 

Gio, Keuchel, Cease, Gonzales (until Rodon comes back), Dunning. 

Gio Gonzales looked pretty damn good his last start. Got a ton of swing and misses. He may be a little long in the tooth but he knows how to pitch and when it comes time for the playoffs he won’t be a mental case. Lopez just looks very uncomfortable out there and it takes the whole team to try and calm him down it seems like.

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Gio Gonzales looked pretty damn good his last start. Got a ton of swing and misses. He may be a little long in the tooth but he knows how to pitch and when it comes time for the playoffs he won’t be a mental case. Lopez just looks very uncomfortable out there and it takes the whole team to try and calm him down it seems like.

I would be fine with that.  Ricky just needs to know when to take Gonzales out .

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I've lost faith in Rodon. Glass house. Dude will never get a long term deal. If he's ever offered one, he'd be a fool not to take it.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Nope. Gio, DK, Cease, Rodon, Bullpen day or Dunning. 

I wasn't making a case for Lopez.  I was asking who he wanted to be the 5th starter.  I would rather have Gonzales myself over Lopez. 

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

As long as Moncada stays on the field, then we can live with him banged up. Not like he utilizes his speed much anyways other than going from 2nd to home.

Agreed, just sucks it’s preventing him from crushing the ball

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s also lacking explosion in his swing. 

This is the bigger issue. I wish they'd have ILed him so he was healthy for the Twins series. They can take Pitt and KC without him. 

He needs to be as close to 100% as possible for the gauntlet to end the season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I would be fine with that.  Ricky just needs to know when to take Gonzales out .

Agreed. You could even have a consistent split start between him and Detwiler. Gio starting going for 4-5 and then let Detwiler go a few. There is just a lot of options in the pen that we could take advantage of during that start instead of having the inconsistency from Lopez non stop.

• Thanks 1