8-23 GT: Sox @ Cubs (1:20pm)

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Darvish has been fantastic; wish Ross treated him like Soxtalk posters want to treat every starter.

He’s been good the last few innings.  He got away with some terrible pitches the first few.  He ditched the loopier offspeed pitch for the sharper slider.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

But what are you building the arm strength up for this year?  If you make the postseason, it’s going to be a quick hook anyways.  80-90 seems a good total for me this year.

The sox are in the process of trying to build Cease up period. They already got screwed by the shortened season in the year you'd like to get him near 200 IP. Now you want to limit him to 5 innings a start and 80-90 pitches. That's a wasted year of arm strength growth/development imo.

Just now, Tony said:

Every start doesn’t need to 100% hang on development. If Ricky is going to into every start with a different goal than winning the game, we have a bigger problem. 

Let Dylan stretch out when they are up 7-1. Not in a 1-0 close game where the last inning he was laboring and had to make some incredible pitches. The announcers ( a Cy Young Winner to boot), basically every here and anyone else watching could see it. 

Again, I know you think you have to be the smartest guy in the room, but when you and Ricky and seemingly the ONLY ones in that camp....maybe it’s not everyone else that’s wrong?

Yet here he is, posting amongst all of us dopes

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The sox are in the process of trying to build Cease up period. They already got screwed by the shortened season in the year you'd like to get him near 200 IP. Now you want to limit him to 5 innings a start and 80-90 pitches. That's a wasted year of arm strength growth/development imo.

Welcome to 2020 unfortunately. I’m not THAT upset about the move today, as there’s been way worse the last few weeks. Can’t expect to win a game with one run in these conditions.

Just now, fathom said:

Welcome to 2020 unfortunately. I’m not THAT upset about the move today, as there’s been way worse the last few weeks. Can’t expect to win a game with one run in these conditions.

With swings like Foster has given the cubs keeping cease in there once again Is the obvious mistake. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Is this a development year. Are we punting on winning?  I figure Dylan Cease pitching in the playoffs will do more for his development than rattling off a pitch count number that can be resolved by finishing his day in the bullpen on his own.

• Like 1