Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/25 game thread 7:10 first pitch

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You'd have to have money on the Sox to start a LHP against this lineup.

It was the other way around. they knew Giolito was starting so they started all the lefties.

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Two things should be really obvious. 

#1-  The Sox believe that even a reduced percentage of Moncada is well ahead of a 100% Ryan Goins.

#2- Yolmer Sanchez was signed for a reason.  Once Madrigal comes back, I wouldn't be shocked to see Mendick shift over to 3rd, Madrigal take back 2B, and Yolmer take Moncada's roster spot for a 10 day stint.

That's not how I interpret Ricky's comment at all.  Moncada isn't injured.  Putting him on the shelf for 10 days seems entirely unnecessary.  They should definitely give him more off days but I don't see an IL stint coming.  I think Ricky would have telegraphed that more if that was the case.

Also, if they thought he was injured enough to go on the IL, I don't see any way he would be playing tonight.

Edited by Perfect Vision

11 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

That's not how I interpret Ricky's comment at all.  Moncada isn't injured.  Putting him on the shelf for 10 days seems entirely unnecessary.  They should definitely give him more off days but I don't see an IL stint coming.  I think Ricky would have telegraphed that more if that was the case.

Also, if they thought he was injured enough to go on the IL, I don't see any way he would be playing tonight.

There are certain injuries you can play through.  Including core injuries.  That's fairly obviously what he's battling.  As I've said I dunno half a dozen times now a sports hernia offseason surgery is quite possible.

1 minute ago, Bad Hombre said:

LOL mind telling us what happened?

I literally started watching the pregame show, and the first thing I hear is Chuck telling Ozzie he should talk to the mayor, and then Ozzie just says his phone number lmao. He wants to talk to her about letting people go see games in person lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1