You can absolutely trade someone not on your 60 man roster

Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

For the record, even if it isn't happening quickly,  we are usually working on these kind of posts behind the scenes.  Reporting the posts is way more helpful than creating more chaos by dragging this into other threads by personally targeting people instead of content. 

You all should know by now the minimal standards we try to keep here. It isn't difficult.  We make it pretty obvious that we won't allow posts that are over sexual, racial, and any other common decency lines. If that is a problem for you,  then you are in the wrong place. It won't hurt our feelings if you feel blocking racist sentiment is a deal breaker and you need it in your baseball home, so you go elsewhere. 

Soxtalk has been this way for almost 20 years now, and has zero plans to change.  We all get these are unprecedented times, and we are all a bit more agitated than normal,  but we still won't let certain lines we crossed. 

All do respect 2k, its the same actors over and over and they're still here. 

Here's what is so disheartening imo, take it as you wish. The site deletes everything related to the bad post - that means the thoughtful responses and etc that I think the country needs now. By deleting the comments and allowing the poster to remain youre merely promoting his actions while also deleting proof of its existence..

I think tough conversations are important across all walks of life and if we're just going to ignore those and continue to let the hate filled posters spew and then delete those posts without taking action or having any discussion, its really changing nothing. 

I get that this isn't easy for you and respect your response. Have a good weekend.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

All do respect 2k, its the same actors over and over and they're still here. 

Here's what is so disheartening imo, take it as you wish. The site deletes everything related to the bad post - that means the thoughtful responses and etc that I think the country needs now. By deleting the comments and allowing the poster to remain youre merely promoting his actions while also deleting proof of its existence..

I think tough conversations are important across all walks of life and if we're just going to ignore those and continue to let the hate filled posters spew and then delete those posts without taking action or having any discussion, its really changing nothing. 

I get that this isn't easy for you and respect your response. Have a good weekend.

To be clear, we have taken actions against some, though not all, of the posters in question.  There is a difference between having an opinion and crossing the lines of decency, and that is where we usually make our mark.  To those that can handle where the lines are, but still present an uncomfortable perspective, we encourage them to move on if they aren't happy with our perspective. 

At the end of the day the goal here isn't to provide a unified political opinion, it is to provide a comfortable and respectful spot for people to visit to talk about White Sox baseball.  I mean I have my own opinions on people and their opinions, as do all of the staff.  Honestly we have our own differences of opinion on how to handle situations as well as specific people, but we always try to work together to come to as universal of a staff solution as we can to keep this as good of a White Sox board as possible.  Yes there are people I have zero respect for posting here.  Flat out, 100%.  But we aren't here to have a homogeneous political opinion.  We keep that in mind as we try to decide how to handle each situation individually.  It's not easy, and we don't take it lightly, despite our INCREDIBLE salaries for doing this job.  But we really aren't looking to change anything here in the big picture.  We are looking to put together White Sox discussion, as best we all can.  There are some things we ask for which are must's for posting here.  But we have no purity test either.  It is our balancing act.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

To be clear, we have taken actions against some, though not all, of the posters in question.  There is a difference between having an opinion and crossing the lines of decency, and that is where we usually make our mark.  To those that can handle where the lines are, but still present an uncomfortable perspective, we encourage them to move on if they aren't happy with our perspective. 

At the end of the day the goal here isn't to provide a unified political opinion, it is to provide a comfortable and respectful spot for people to visit to talk about White Sox baseball.  I mean I have my own opinions on people on their opinions, as do all of the staff.  Honestly we have our own differences of opinion on how to handle situations as well as specific people, but we always try to work together to come to as universal of a staff solution as we can to keep this as good of a White Sox board as possible.  Yes there are people I have zero respect for posting here.  Flat out, 100%.  But we aren't here to have a homogeneous political opinion.  We keep that in mind as we try to decide how to handle each situation individually.  It's not easy, and we don't take it lightly, despite our INCREDIBLE salaries for doing this job.  But we really aren't looking to change anything here in the big picture.  We are looking to put together White Sox discussion, as best we all can.  There are some things we ask for which are must's for posting here.  But we have no purity test either.  It is our balancing act.

I hear you 100%. I do want to clarify that there is nothing political about equality and fairness for all people.  

Thanks for the response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Have to figure it's still top 40ish prospect in baseball high, and then add the pitcher aspect to that and he's got some good value. I don't think the Sox explore that at all, but it's there.

That would still be pretty high. Top40 is a 55 fv prospect which is only half a grade down from his 60 preseason rank at fangraphs.

That is about what andrew vaughn (37) or madrigal (41) are ranked at fg (both 55s).

Do you think you would get a prospect of that caliber on the market now after the injury and the other concerns ? Would you do that trade? For example to use other guys in the range of vaughn and madrigal would you trade kopech for mitch keller or Brandon marsh? And would you get that?

Kopech won't have pitched in 2  years next year (except those few spring innings), I think you still get a lower ranked top100 and a throw in (40 fv) but not sure you would get top40 value at this point.