Sox vs KC 8/29 game thread 1:10 first pitch

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Look, saying that Rodon with no minor league time and as a rookie would be a key piece in the 2015 rotation required a GM who was an idiot, but you couldn’t be surprised about Rodon needing some time, most pitchers do. Cease struggled with command but also got out of jams today. He has what, still fewer than 20 big league starts? Play out the season, get him the experience, and then talk to me after a normal ish offseason of work.

I don’t disagree with you but I’m still seeing with Cease the same nibbling, the same lack of command of his fastball, the same long counts, multiple pitch innings etc. It’s frustrating to watch when your not seeing improvement. His ERA is good but his FIP is awful 

1 minute ago, chisoxt said:

I don’t disagree with you but I’m still seeing with Cease the same nibbling, the same lack of command of his fastball, the same long counts, multiple pitch innings etc. It’s frustrating to watch when your not seeing improvement. His ERA is good but his FIP is awful 

Today is his 20th career start. So yeah that ERA will go up but especially with everything crazy this year his performance will get better. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

What did Stone say?

Basically not to give anything up for someone you will only have for a month.  Benetti did seem to follow up with you would need to get someone that is not just for this year.