AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!!!

southsider2k5

18 minutes ago, flavum said:

A’s lose. 1-seed, baby!

Question about seeding- is it based on standing within the division or overall record?

Obviously, we’re at the top, so we’d play the 8th seed. But is the eight seed the worst third place qualifier (currently the Yanks) or the worst overall record (the second place but .500 Astros)?

For all intents and purposes this twins series is basically a playoff series, you need at least a split.  No more of this fucking 1-3 bullshit, I'm so fucking tired of losing to the twins and watching Cruz tee off on our pitchers like they were plucked from the HS team down the street

25 minutes ago, wegner said:

Wow, I am sooo excited for this 4 game series.  Hopefully Sox play more like the 1st game of that last Twins series and nothing like games 2 & 3.

I'm glad you are, I'm flat out nervous because of this self hex the fans and maybe even the players put on themselves against the Twins. I'm just hoping for a 2/2 Split. Still up 2 in the loss column with 4 less games to go.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Question about seeding- is it based on standing within the division or overall record?

Obviously, we’re at the top, so we’d play the 8th seed. But is the eight seed the worst third place qualifier (currently the Yanks) or the worst overall record (the second place but .500 Astros)?

record always takes priority in any seeding, after that I believe it goes to winning pct. then head to head matchups 

Edited by joesaiditstrue

3 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

1-3 seeds are division winners. 4-6 seeds are 2nd place in divisions, 7-8 are next best records. Astros will be gifted the 6-seed probably.

4 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

I'm glad you are, I'm flat out nervous because of this self hex the fans and maybe even the players put on themselves against the Twins. I'm just hoping for a 2/2 Split. Still up 2 in the loss column with 4 less games to go.

It's ok to be nervous and still excited.  I'm just trying to enjoy the fun ride this team is on.  Meaningful baseball in September is terrific stuff.

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

1-3 seeds are division winners. 4-6 seeds are 2nd place in divisions, 7-8 are next best records. Astros will be gifted the 6-seed probably.

I'm ok with the top 3 being division winners, I'm even ok guaranteeing at least 2 in each division make it. But seeds 4-8 should be based on record in my opinion.

47 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Missed the game working on my deck, how did Stiever look?

He showed some flashes.  Not great velocity sitting 92-93 (touched 95 I think a couple times) but after the 1st inning he was able to find the zone more often than not and had good command and a decent breaking ball.  Change is a huge work in progress I thought.  Give credit to him he really struggled with stuff and control in the 1st then buckled down, found his breaking ball and was able to shut down a bad but not horrible detroit lineup.

7 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I’ll just say this, the 3 year rebuild was well worth the wait.

I think most of us thought 2020 was the year. Of course this virus has made it a spring instead of a marathon season. Crazy how we wouldn't even be a 1/3 done in a normal season, but we're over 3/4 through this shortened season. It's been great fun this season. Can't wait for the rest of this year, and the future with this team.

21 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

For all intents and purposes this twins series is basically a playoff series, you need at least a split.  No more of this fucking 1-3 bullshit, I'm so fucking tired of losing to the twins and watching Cruz tee off on our pitchers like they were plucked from the HS team down the street

So how will the sox line up there pitching against the twins?  Cease, Dunning, Giolito, and maybe Keuchel?

5 minutes ago, smellysox said:

So how will the sox line up there pitching against the twins?  Cease, Dunning, Giolito, and maybe Keuchel?

MLB.com has

1. Berrios vs Cease

2. Dobnak vs Dunning

3. TBD vs Giolito

4. Maeda vs TBD

I hope to God Lopez doesn't start game 4 unless it's been a 3-0 Sox lead in this 4 game series.

Edited by WilliamTell
spelling error
  • Thanks 1