Question......

Elcaballo45

not to change the mood of this glorious day, but Who the hell was nicknamed the deacon a while back ago for the white sox.....

Anyone remember, cause hawk always was raving about the deacon....

and no one in my house(all sox fans) seems to remember

:fthecubs

That would be Warren Newson ytou are reffering to...

He was nicknamed Deacon I believe after his Father, who was a deacon of his church.

Do you know what years he played??

I was thinking like late 80's early 90's time when i remember the deacon nickname...

He was nicknamed Deacon I believe after his Father, who was a deacon of his church.

I was thinking like late 80's early 90's time when i remember the deacon nickname...

1991-1995

1991-1995

Thank you.... i can now sleep tonight with that not on my mind anymore...

Warren had some of the largest arms I have seen in person. Not a bad utility player.

Anyone remember Joe Hall? he was a utility player with us for a year then had a bad foot injury. He came up with the Cardinals I believe and was suppose to be a star.

Warren had some of the largest arms I have seen in person. Not a bad utility player.

Anyone remember Joe Hall? he was a utility player with us for a year then had a bad foot injury. He came up with the Cardinals I believe and was suppose to be a star.

I remember him. One of his first games, against the Tigers, I think, he hit the ball real hard, and I was optimistic about him. Oh well....

Anybody remember Rusty Kuntz?

I remember him. One of his first games, against the Tigers, I think, he hit the ball real hard, and I was optimistic about him. Oh well....

Who could forget a guy with a name like that? If I'm not mistaken, isn't he currently a coach with the Expos?

Who could forget a guy with a name like that? If I'm not mistaken, isn't he currently a coach with the Expos?

The Pirates, actually. BTW, Rusty got a World Series Ring with the 84 Tigers.