Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

Just now, Balta1701 said:

So you wanted someone other than Rodon to pitch last inning but you won't say who. 

Yes, I do want Cease to get a shot out there today. 

I would have kept going with Heuer. If that was absolutely unacceptable, I would have acted like Rodon didn’t exist.

With all due respect, wanting Cease in this game is insanity.

1 minute ago, Dallas Kong said:

Who was? Who is going to pitch is the question. It’s looking a lot like Cease is going to be pitching late in a close game. Is that what you want?

Lets just tell the truth . The Crochet injury made this game a lot more difficult to manage. Young guys not handling the pressure hurt Walks hurt. You came with your best guys and it didn't work. This game is still very winnable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

So you don't actually have an answer, you just want to b****, and when you get called out on it you shy away. Got it.

I’m not the one that is on the ledge. Your the one that needs to take a chill pill. Relax! Maybe I would pitch Cease for a couple innings or more.

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Lets just tell the truth . The Crochet injury made this game a lot more difficult to manage. Young guys not handling the pressure hurt Walks hurt. You came with your best guys and it didn't work. This game is still very winnable.

The Crochet injury absolutely fucked their plan, without question.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

The bullpen struggled its hard to blame him. Heuer was gassed, Foster really struggled, Crochet got hurt, Bummer was struggling, what do you want of Renteria here?

Exactly.  He’s trying to do no harm—pulling guys at the first sign of trouble like this board always demands.  Puts more pressure on guys later but so be it—he’s trying to get out of each high leverage situation unscathed

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

I haven't been in this thread all game so I am not sure of the tone but they are going to run out of pitchers.  We are going to use Fry and Cordero late in a tight game.

I would think it's fry & cease.... cordero pitched a lot yesterday

10 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

With no backing? Are you watching the game? Have you watched any of the games?

People knew Rodon was a bad choice at the very moment Renteria made it. Some people were intrigued by his aggressiveness with Dunning, and we understand the Crochet issue, but we knew it was getting nutty with Bummer and Heuer. There’s no Monday morning QB here. Ricky gets criticized on the spot and the b****ers and moaners are usually right.

If it fits wear it...