2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Assuming Biden wins, you have to wonder what is next for the Trumps. I don’t think Donald will go to jail, but I think he will have tons of legal trouble and wouldn’t be surprised if he threw some Trump Org exec or even Eric under the bus to save him a trip to Rikers. I think he may try a TV or radio talk show, but he seems way too lazy and probably will quickly lose interest. I think Don JR. Is on the Sarah Palin career path. Will probably be a darling at Fox News or OAN for a couple of years before the seemingly drug fueled rants get old and it’s time to move on. Jared and Ivanka will move somewhere. They will get divorced in a couple years and will request privacy at that very difficult time. Melania will do what she always does. Tending to Barron and Melania.

Trumps pardon list is going to be an interesting one, and never forget that he can pardon his family for any crimes that occurred prior that have not been charged.

Just now, Tony said:

Didn't say there weren't going to be legal issues with the family......but if you think they are just go away and all be stuck in court you're out of your mind. 

Not to get all greg here, but I'm like 80% sure Jr. is going to make a credible push for the office in 24. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

From a pure business standpoint, I would create a subscription model service for a digital "TrumpTV" with a bunch of supporters in the Trump orbit complaining about Biden, where the country is headed, blah blah blah. Based on what we saw in this election, there is absolutely a base that would subscribe, and you could do it pretty cheaply...

As long as someome other than Trump funds it , it will probably be attempted. Back in 2016, they floated Trump discount luxury hotels to be located where his base hangs, They never did it, they said because of politics, but politics were what gave them the idea in the first place. They couldn’t make enough money off his base running hotels. A subscription channel would probably be popular for a little while, but just like his rallies, it will all be reruns. He uses the same schtick every time. After they record one, they won’t need the subscription anymore.

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

My guess is either Tucker Carlson or Trump (pulling a Grover Cleveland), but I could definitely see that too

I would also say 80% DJT does not make it to 24. But yeah. President Carlson after 4 years of Biden not being able to get anything done is my nightmare. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, but there's really no reason to believe the states are going to take him down now. They've done nothing to him for 50 years. They're not going to start holding them accountable now.

For most of Trump's life he was friendly with the govts of places like NY and Chicago. He only has started trouble for them in the last 4 years.

Just now, Soxbadger said:

For most of Trump's life he was friendly with the govts of places like NY and Chicago. He only has started trouble for them in the last 4 years.

Really it was the election of Obama that really set him off.  Until then he was a big Democratic donor and a major Clinton supporter.

Just now, StrangeSox said:

Dem President + R Senate = ungoverned country for 2 years minimum during a pandemic and economic recession or depression

fingers crossed that without DJT screaming for no masks and all that, the moderate repubs will wake up on this stuff. 

• Like 1

So...how does this actually work? I mean, I vaguely remember Obama winning Ohio and hitting 270 and Romney conceding, so that was that. At this point, Biden has won MI and WI, so NV will put him at 270. PA is irrelevant. That should be a wrap, but of course Trump isn’t going to concede. Do we have to wait for a bunch of lawsuits to conclude or is Biden pretty much officially the president elect (assuming NV, of course)?

Just now, Danny Dravot said:

So...how does this actually work? I mean, I vaguely remember Obama winning Ohio and hitting 270 and Romney conceding, so that was that. At this point, Biden has won MI and WI, so NV will put him at 270. PA is irrelevant. That should be a wrap, but of course Trump isn’t going to concede. Do we have to wait for a bunch of lawsuits to conclude or is Biden pretty much officially the president elect (assuming NV, of course)?

We're beyond the pale at this point. 

Just now, mqr said:

fingers crossed that without DJT screaming for no masks and all that, the moderate repubs will wake up on this stuff. 

I saw something a few weeks ago that Mitch McConnell hadn’t been to the White House in a month or two because Trump and co clearly had a different idea about masks than he did.

Just now, Danny Dravot said:

It doesn't matter who concedes. It makes it easier if one side does when it's clear they can't win, but the states will verify the elections later this month and then the electoral college will vote on who's president in December. That's the actual election.

1 minute ago, Danny Dravot said:

I'm not ready to assume NV. 

I get on my knees and pray . . .

2 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

Trump is claiming he won Michigan, even though everyone has it called for Biden, so I don't think this is going to go smoothly. I think Biden has it in the bag, but it will take weeks for that to be officially recognized