Who was scared the cubs would wouls win it all?

CubsSuck1

Now that its all over, I can loo back and say I was pretty scared that the Cubs might actually win the whole show. I have been a huge baseball fan for no more than 5 years and i wasn't really sure if they could pull it out or not. Baseball is definetly the sport where the underdog has the most chance of winning, not last years Angels. A team can suck one year and be unstoppable the next. If the Cubs won, it would have been hell. I have to go to school everyday with almost everyone rooting for the cubs and rubbing it in. People who know absolutley nothing about baseball are now cub fans because it seems like the cool thing to do. They play music at lunch at our school and every f***ing day since the cubs made the playoffs, they have put on that awful go cubs go song.

TODAY I finally got some revenge on all those idiots. I'd never hear the end of it if the cubs were able to win it all, but luckily we had some help from those marlins :fthecubs

People who know absolutley nothing about baseball are now cub fans because it seems like the cool thing to do.

Whaddya mean "NOW"?

How bout "ever since EVER"?

:D

I had some concern that if they got there, they'd find a way to win the whole thing.

With the starting pitching they have ( until they all got overused - THANKS, DUSTY! ), they can potentially take any series.

But in the end, it came down to Cubs Simply Being Cubs and all is right with the world again... :headbang

I wasn't scared they'd win the World Series, but I was really worried about them just getting into the Series. Even as late as the Alou homer in game 7, I figured they were gonna make it, and that would have been terrible for all Sox fans.

In the Series I thought the Cubs would have had a better chance against the Bosox than the Yankees. But Cub nation would never have let us forget "We made the Series, we support our team, and like, you suck!"

I wasn't scared they'd win the World Series, but I was really worried about them just getting into the Series. Even as late as the Alou homer in game 7, I figured they were gonna make it, and that would have been terrible for all Sox fans.

In the Series I thought the Cubs would have had a better chance against the Bosox than the Yankees. But Cub nation would never have let us forget "We made the Series, we support our team, and like, you suck!"

Fortunately, they won't be talking too much crap now. :cheers

I was scared until the Bartman play, then I knew the Curse was still in effect.  The Cubs were toast from that moment forward.

I wouldn't say 'scared' but gravely concerned - and perhaps partially resigned to that horror - until that moment, as you so correctly say - any team should have been able to recover, just get the batter out on an upcoming pitch - but this was the cubs - you knew the cubs would collapse like a goat at a Greek barbeque :lol: :lol: :lol: it screamed "historic flop begins now" - it was label "choke now has arrived" - it sang "instant karma's gonna get you" -

I felt like that lasat year when the Cyclones beat the Hawkeyes...that was huge.

Please dont ever mention that again, that still hurts to think about.

I outright stopped watching baseball because i was so convinced the Cubs would be in the world series, it upsetted me quite a bit but with the whole Bartman think i couldnt be happier to have something to rub in all my friends faces for years to come.

Please dont ever mention that again, that still hurts to think about.

I outright stopped watching baseball because i was so convinced the Cubs would be in the world series, it upsetted me quite a bit but with the whole Bartman think i couldnt be happier to have something to rub in all my friends faces for years to come.

My friend has a ton of family in Iowa, and thyre all divided. Seems to be a huge rivaly over ther in that other state..