Could the Sox have an true Monster Season in 2021?

Dominikk85

I think there could be big upside to have a well over 100 wins season.

Obviously for this a lot has to Go right. The SP is not super deep and they can't really afford either of giolito and lynn go down.

However the upside is really big. The lineup was one of the best in the AL last year and it could get even better with upgrades at DH (vaughn at some point) and RF.

The pen also has the potential to be really good and the rotation is lacking depth but if everyone is healthy the top3 are quite good and if kopech can contribute 110 good innings and one of cease or lopez steps up this really could be a good rotation.

I think this team does have the potential to have a season like the 2016 cubs.

Obviously there is downside too (especially in the rotation if there is injury) and I would take 92 wins and the division but if everything clicks this could be a monster team.

Edited by Dominikk85

Dylan Cease and the rest of the rotation is the fulcrum next year.  The bullpen & lineup should be amongst the best in baseball, but we need our big three starters to pitch like expected and for Dylan to take a major league forward.  Health will also be key as if any of them miss considerable time, our depth and Katz’s magic touch will be tested through lots of Reynaldo Lopez.  But in all honesty, I could see Cease full on clicking next year and putting up a 4 win season.