Folty signs with Rangers

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I never thought when I made that trash heap pitchers thread that it was actually a bunch of guys that were too expensive for the sox 

In this case, at least, it was more likely a minor league deal vs. a major league deal.  But, yeah, I'm very surprised they haven't signed a trash heaper yet.

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I can’t believe he got an MLB deal. I can’t believe the Sox wouldn’t give him one if he really looked as great as all these reporters keep saying. 

Which means not only do the Sox owe him money, they would have also had to cut someone to make space for him.

Just now, hogan873 said:

In this case, at least, it was more likely a minor league deal vs. a major league deal.  But, yeah, I'm very surprised they haven't signed a trash heaper yet.

I mean, I picked guys that were likely to make 3 million or less. So in that case, I suppose we take Rodon. I'm just not ever going to be nice to hard carl.

55 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I can’t believe he got an MLB deal. I can’t believe the Sox wouldn’t give him one if he really looked as great as all these reporters keep saying. 

They couldn't though really. He can't be optioned. Who would be on the roster instead of? 

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They couldn't though really. He can't be optioned. Who would be on the roster instead of? 

I mean lopez or Crochet with Rodon moving into bullpen. It's eating this flex fifth starter position which is about whether people believe that Rodon deserves that handed to him.

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bottom line is this one shouldn’t hurt. Way more likely than not Folty can’t help the White Sox.

I think the bigger issue is not being able to scrape together $3 million if their scouting likes a guy to rebound.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think the bigger issue is not being able to scrape together $3 million if their scouting likes a guy to rebound.

We will see if that really is the issue. You would think if their scouts thought he was going to be the 2018 Folty, JR, I think would gladly cough up $3 million.They have to sign someone. 

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

It takes two to tangle.  Maybe the guy wants a legit shot at sticking on a rotation for a full season, something the Sox can't guaranteed. 

16 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Rodon is on the team. That’s 5 starters. 8 relievers easily. If Folty struggles, he’s out of options. Cant be sent down. It’s just not realistic on a big league deal. Not here. 

And again in order to do it, you are probably cutting someone else who could help the team this year in order to get him in on that major league deal.

3 hours ago, Orlando said:

I cant believe he got an MLB deal. I can’t believe the Sox wouldn’t give him one if he really looked as great as all these reporters keep saying. 

Why? Plenty of crap teams can guarantee a guy like this a spot in the rotation. It's not really that disappointing the Sox missed out on him.

Edited by manbearpuig