yankees win

cwsox

just as well

I am as tired of Boston self pity as much as I am cubs self pity

I concur.

Why? Because we are White Sox fans and haven't won since 1917. Yet we don't b**** about 1/100000th as much as fans of these other two teams.

exactly, exactly

Worst part about the Yankees being in the World Series is that we get to see more of that damn Jeter commercial.

I don't agree with that being the worst part, but it is still pretty friggin' bad.

For me the worst part of it all is that I will once again be cheering on a NL team. Last time I did that was the Diamondbacks, and who were they playing? I see a trend...

This played out just like the cubs game did. You would think someone would have seen pedro getting tired.

Ack......it kills me cause i hate those got damn Yankees.

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 17 2003, 12:20 AM)

QUOTE (cwsox @ Oct 16 2003, 11:18 PM)

just as well

I concur.

Why? Because we are White Sox fans and haven't won since 1917. Yet we don't b**** about 1/100000th as much as fans of these other two teams. 

Couldn't of said it any better my friend.

Worst part about the Yankees being in the World Series is that we get to see more of that damn Jeter commercial.

I was following Jeter in high school when he and I both lived in Kalamazoo - I don't know what the perspective is of those who only see a public personna of Derek Jeter because I feel a connection with him having followed his career for so long - as I said, since his junior year in high school - his parents are great people and so is Derek, he always comes home and gives generously of his time and finances to real needs in Kalamazoo - he is the only yankee I can stand, and in fact, I like Jeter a lot knowing something of the real person he is -

I cheer for the AL team in the series always, and Jeter makes that ok for me -

I certainly see that a lot of people dislike him a lot. I suppose because I am influenced by us being Kzoo and knowing the side of him not shown in those commericals, is why I have a different perspective here. Lacking that, I'd probably not be able to stand him too.

just as well

I concur.

I agree wholeheartedly.

My hate for the Red Sox got bigger when my friend boldly predicted the Red Sox would win the World Series. When I counter with, "Did your tarot cards tell you this?" He says, "I am right because I predicted the Red Wings would win the STanley Cup". Bah to him I say.

Plus he thinks anyone who isn't a Red Sock sucks as a player. This kind of cockiness gets on me.

I was following Jeter in high school when he and I both lived in Kalamazoo  - I don't know what the perspective is of those who only see a public personna of Derek Jeter because I feel a connection with him having followed his career for so long - as I said, since his junior year in high school - his parents are great people and so is Derek, he always comes home and gives generously of his time and finances to real needs in Kalamazoo -  he is the only yankee I can stand, and in fact, I like Jeter a lot knowing something of the real person he is -

I cheer for the AL team in the series always, and Jeter makes that ok for me -

I certainly see that a lot of people dislike him a lot.  I suppose because I am influenced by us being Kzoo and knowing the side of him not shown in those commericals, is why I have a different perspective here.  Lacking that, I'd probably not be able to stand him too.

Kind of nice to read that, thanks! Makes me lose a little disliking for him. But the fact that my wife drools over the guy anytime he is on TV drives me up the wall. :rolleyes: But there is no doubt the guy can play pretty good, especially when he is needed.

In the end of this Series though, I will be happy if the Marlins win because they have been considered the underdogs the whole time, even though they have a record that says otherwise, and they have Ozzie and Pudge.

I will be O.K. with it if the Yankees win, because no matter what anybody says, they are a heck of a good ball club, they know how to win.

So I guess I just hope to see some great friggin' baseball! :cheers :drink

The only thing I ever complain about as far as self-pity is the fact that everybody creams over a Red Sox-Cubs World Series, when in reality, the better series when everything is considered would be White Sox-Cubs.

Of course, no one would watch it, and that would be a damn shame.

Like cwsox, I always root for the American League..... World Series, All Star Game, overall w/l interleague play records. By just rooting for the AL to win the overall record in interleague play, that allows to root against teams the Sox are battling in the standings... so it's all good.

Aaron Boone... Nice Hit

Derek Jeter... You are Annoying

I totally agree. It was nice to see Boone get the hit. The guy has a lot of heart and seems like a really nice guy. Jeter is so arrogant it's unreal. I hate that "of course we won" s*** eating grin he appears to have all the time.

One more thing.. what's with Riveria crying on the mound.. :huh: Ya think one of his teammates would have said.. "yo.. you look like a sissy on the ground crying out here.. at least stand up for Pete's sake!".