4/4 GT- 7:37 CT- Sox vs Halos

soxfan49

5 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Why do fans of opposing teams do this? 

He's been respectful. Who cares if he posts here? I'm ok with getting opinions from fans of other teams, especially if they're respectful

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

How long before Keuchel throws some shade in the media?

If I'm Keuchel, I'd be walking backwards into the bushes like Homer Simpson.

He's the last guy who should be talking after the playoffs and his outing Friday.

• Thanks 1

I will say, the sox played absolutely as bad as they possibly could have this series. Even an actually bad team won't play this bad. And they very easily could have won all 4 games. I would say thats a good thing even though this was hard to watch. 

To play really bad for 4 games and still have a chance late to win them all is much better than lacking any talent and playing bad and games being over early. Thats the optimistic look. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

He's trying to buy multiple innings from guys because he's getting no length from the starting pitchers.  I don't blame LaRussa for any of these losses. 

If you know you don’t have a lot of relievers left, then don’t bunt in the 9th and play for the tie

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Mendick...come on down! 

If he’s only day to day they won’t IL him. But i wouldn’t want to play him a couple days even if he’s feeling ok just to make sure he doesn’t aggravate it.

Just now, fathom said:

Sorry buddy, but the at bats from the people that matter were as bad as ever 

Abreu swung at like six pitches he shouldn’t have - but he still saw a ton of pitches and battled. Yoan the same. 

That said - both didn’t deliver when it mattered and if Yoan doesn’t want play a lot better this would be 3 of 4 years where he is pretty crappy. 

Still - it is four games and a long season and I believe in the talent on this team. Losing Eloy hurts - but this team has talent and it will deliver. 

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

thats right, these games dont matter. Games only matter in August and September.

They all matter but some of you seem to be giving up on this team this early. That's all I'm saying...

Wonder what Tyler Saladino is doing these days...he was a nice guy. And had a cool moustache. Maybe the Sox could sign him, and then when he gets injured, they could bring back Yolmer? I liked his Mickey Mouse singles.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

Just now, YourWhatHurts said:

He probably didn't want Trout to see Foster pitching to Fowler.  I think Foster for Trout was supposed to be a big scary surprise.

A low fastball pitcher against a lowball hitter?

Well, it wasn’t Trout that really killed us these four games anyway...even though it seemed he was constantly on base.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

He's been respectful. Who cares if he posts here? I'm ok with getting opinions from fans of other teams, especially if they're respectful

Yeah - great to get a respectful outsiders view. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

We had no business winning that game. If this offense doesn't get going we're gonna be a .500 team.

This is true. I said at the beginning of the thread that the veteran hitters had to lead the way. What did we get out of Abreu, Timmy, Moncada , Grandal and Eaton ? 0 for 14 and 6 walks. I was hoping I'd be right that they would do it but they didn't.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Abreu swung at like six pitches he shouldn’t have - but he still saw a ton of pitches and battled. Yoan the same. 

That said - both didn’t deliver when it mattered and if Yoan doesn’t want play a lot better this would be 3 of 4 years where he is pretty crappy. 

Still - it is four games and a long season and I believe in the talent on this team. Losing Eloy hurts - but this team has talent and it will deliver. 

Abreu is clearly pressing now without any protection from Moncada and Grandal.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Here’s the issue...if Yoan isn’t an impact hitter, who is going to bat 4th to give Jose any protection?  If you asked me who the two hitters we could least afford to get hurt, it would be Timmy and Eloy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Joan Singletoncada

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I will say, the sox played absolutely as bad as they possibly could have this series. Even an actually bad team won't play this bad. And they very easily could have won all 4 games. I would say thats a good thing even though this was hard to watch. 

To play really bad for 4 games and still have a chance late to win them all is much better than lacking any talent and playing bad and games being over early. Thats the optimistic look. 

They beat themselves with boneheaded mistakes in games 1 and 3. Tonight they got beat by Shohei...understandable...but even after that it was like, wow. This is some shit. No discipline whatsoever, and horrible pitch selection.