Texas @ Sox

Kyyle23

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why can't pitchers throw to first base. This has puzzled me my entire life. I remember being told in college that we practice on a mound and the ground is flat lol. Like what? Everyone plays catch on flat ground everyday guy 

Because they are stupid.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because in his two most dominant seasons he basically never threw it. He was 94-95% sinkers since it's a completely dominant pitch. 2017-18 he threw the slider 18% of the time and he wasn't nearly as good. His ratio this year is similar to 2018 instead of 2019-20 when he was dominant. 

I don’t think it’s dumb for a pitcher to attempt to add another weapon, especially when said pitch has been very good this year.  You seem to be blaming the slider for lackluster results from the sinker and I guess I don’t see the correlation.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because in his two most dominant seasons he basically never threw it. He was 94-95% sinkers since it's a completely dominant pitch. 2017-18 he threw the slider 18% of the time and he wasn't nearly as good. His ratio this year is similar to 2018 instead of 2019-20 when he was dominant. 

Baseball savant had him throwing a cutter almost 20% of the time in 2019. Interesting, didn't realize he used it that much. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/aaron-bummer-607481

Edited by ron883

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And not athletes or real baseball players, this I already know lol. Except greinke. He's a real baseball player.

Don’t you think it’s more they’re used to throw 95 mph and then are in a situation where they don’t fire it.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think it’s dumb for a pitcher to attempt to add another weapon, especially when said pitch has been very good this year.  You seem to be blaming the slider for lackluster results from the sinker and I guess I don’t see the correlation.

I hear you but sinkers are a unique animal at that velocity. Britton never threw a secondary in his heyday. Bummer sinker is similar.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

5 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

The fact that you describe great teamwork as being a pushover is exactly 0% surprising lol. 

Shades of that amazingly awful post one time about how Jason emasculated himself by talking about/to player's wives. 

There's a difference between teamwork and a guy clearly needing to defer to his colleague on everything and get shown up by him. And I don't recall ever saying anything about him saying anything to or about anyone's wives. 

It's not surprising? Um ,OK? Is anyone's posting tendency "surprising?"

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

There's a difference between teamwork and a guy needing to defer to his colleague on everything and get shown up on him. And I don't recall ever saying anything about him saying anything to or about anyone's wives. 

It's not surprising? Um ,OK? Is anyone's posting tendency "surprising?"

With all due respect, just enjoy Bennetti and Stoney. They are very very good and we are spoiled. Sox announcers have always been outstanding.