Tigers @ Sox

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

How are we not more pissed that Lamb is starting for Vaughn?

5 game hitting streak and he sits two straight games

How much more pissed can we be? We are upset about that decision for sure. Hopefully Lamb can crush a few balls today. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

How are we not more pissed that Lamb is starting for Vaughn?

5 game hitting streak and he sits two straight games

I’ve moved past the shock, anger, and depression phases. I’ve accepted that this is White Sox baseball. I’ve made it 30 years being a sucker, they have my soul. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I‘ll give up Jake Lamb when you pry him from my cold, dead hands.

- Tony La Russa

Someone probably asked him if wanted Jake in the lineup, he didn't have his hearing aid in and thought he heard "do you want some jack" and one thing led to another.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I won’t be too torn up if AV spends a month or so in AAA. I agree he should be playing most everyday if he’s on the mlb roster, and I by no way think he’s received enough PT/ABs. But once Engel is back we can make it work for a few weeks and hopefully let AV get hot in Charlotte. There are other potential benefits, too. 

As shown in this thread, vaughn has an 830 ops since his first three games and an 850-860 in his past 5. Im not sure how much better you're expecting him to be?

• Like 1

If the Twins get buried early, they're really going to be stuck in the middle about trading guys like Cruz, Maeda, Simmons, Donaldson (that would take some money going the other way in subsidy)...and especially maxing out the return for Buxton/Berrios.

We're still two months away from those decisions, but they're definitely a team that was set up to be "all in" in 2021/22.

Just don't see how they could possibly pull off a "retooling on the fly" approach.

For every example like Astros from 2005 (15-30), the Nationals in 2019...one of those Cardinals teams that finished 4 over or even the 87/91 Twins, those are pretty anomalous situations and certainly can't be counted on.  Maybe ONE team in the majors every five years pulls that off.   Maybe the A's this year, for example, that started 1-6 or 1-7, whatever it was.

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

When do we start rooting against CLE?

Looks like they will be .500, Twins at -8, but still a long ways to go.

Btw, we are on turn/rotation to get Cy Civale on Sunday.  Has given up 3 tonight.

Every single morning from the second the alarm goes off. If you don't groan "fuuuuUUUUUUuuuuck Cleveland" during your get-out-of-bed stretch, you're doing it wrong.