Hawk's "Knock your Socks off" Trade...

RibbieRubarb

Everyone remember when Trader Ken made the Alomar and Everett deals, Hawk was on the Score and exclaimed that another trade was in the works that would "Knock our socks off"...

Has anyone ever heard what that trade might have been?

The Schilling rumor doesn't seem possible due to his love of JR.

That trade would of killed the Sox unless they planned on adding another reliever and thats coming from ME of all people, who is probably one of Weaver's biggest backers in the majors.

Now if the Yanks were paying like all of his contract for the next few years, it would of been very interesting cause you could of got a stud pitcher cheap for a couple years.

I also think that the Sox had acquired or that they were going to acquire Javier Vazquez right at the deadline, but it just didn't go down. Heard that on the radio a few weeks ago by one of the local MLB guys, but I don't know how true it is.

That trade would of killed the Sox unless they planned on adding another reliever and thats coming from ME of all people, who is probably one of Weaver's biggest backers in the majors. 

Now if the Yanks were paying like all of his contract for the next few years, it would of been very interesting cause you could of got a stud pitcher cheap for a couple years. 

I also think that the Sox had acquired or that they were going to acquire Javier Vazquez right at the deadline, but it just didn't go down.  Heard that on the radio a few weeks ago by one of the local MLB guys, but I don't know how true it is.

That would have blown my socks off, getting Vazquez would have made our rotation the best in the American League, and possibly all of baseball.

The White Sox have always shown interest in Vazquez and Ponson, I wonder if the Sox will land and of them here in the off-season.

CWSOX45

I sure hope that we can land poson or even suppan in the offseason. I know that suppan has an option for 6 mil next year with boston, but I heard that boston wasn't going to accept the option. and for ponson, SF allready said they are going to cut payroll by about 15 mil so they won't be trying to sign him also. Lets hope we can grab 1 of the 2.

It seems like we are destined to someday acquire Weaver or Ponson considering

all the talk about the duo.

Hope we don't. I don't like either; I'd rather go with our own guys.

Um, I would take Ponson in a heartbeat over what we got from out fifth spot this year. We can't get that type of output again, and hope to succeed.

Weaver--ick

...... Boras agent, if you recall, the sox drafted weaver but couldnt sign him, that is how he ended up in detroit....

he's not been solid at all in new york, but perhaps that is only a new york thing, too much spotlight...

He doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here, f*** Weaver. He just isn't a great pitcher.

Weaver--ick

...... Boras agent, if you recall, the sox drafted weaver but couldnt sign him, that is how he ended up in detroit....

he's not been solid at all in new york, but perhaps that is only a new york thing, too much spotlight...

He doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here, f*** Weaver. He just isn't a great pitcher.

Jeff Weaver is an asshole and a mental case. Not a good combo as a pitcher. I wouldn't go near this guy.

The way to "knock any Sox fans socks off" would have been a deal involving  (in my probability order)

Frank

Maggs

Konerko

Mark Buerhle

Bart Colon

I don't think it would have involved any of them, except maybe Colon. I think it would have been more to help us win a pennant.

The way to "knock any Sox fans socks off" would have been a deal involving  (in my probability order)

Frank

Maggs

Konerko

Mark Buerhle

Bart Colon

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere in the past two weeks that Maggs was almost traded at the deadline? That would have had to have been the infamous "knock your sox off" trade.