5/11/21 Minnesota Twins @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

Just now, fathom said:

He’s just so clumsy. Heck people thought he was a good outfielder because his wild catch in Futures Game, but in reality it was a sign of things to come.

They really need to take away his mitt. Not sure he can even be good at 1B. The open question is can he successfully bat as a DH, many players can't make that transition.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He looked serviceable in RF, doesn’t have the arm, but he was fine there in the minors. One of the few players I remember who couldn’t make the switch from right to left

I'm fine moving either Eloy or Vaughn to RF. The offense would be absurd. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

That's the best Ruiz has looked all year. Maybe you let him handle some 6th and 7th inning work instead of Marshall and Foster.

He mowed down Donaldson and Cruz like nothing. Definitely need to bump him up to 6th inning work at least

::Reading beginning of thread::
Its a damn shame the Sox are going to lose this game...Giving it away like that...

::Goes to last page of this thread::

WHAT???? They WON?!?

::end scene::

Edited by RibbieRubarb
add more funny

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s just so clumsy. Heck people thought he was a good outfielder because his wild catch in Futures Game, but in reality it was a sign of things to come.

To be fair, he was younger and skinnier back then. Eloy had better speed those days before he got older and put on weight.

11 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'm fine moving either Eloy or Vaughn to RF. The offense would be absurd. 

Agreed when Eloy and Robert come back would love to see

Anderson - SS
Robert - CF
Moncada# - 3B
Abreu - 1B
Jimenez - LF
Mercedes - DH
Vaughn - RF
Grandal# - C
Madrigal - 2B

with Engel & Leury out there as defensive replacements for Eloy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chw42 said:

9 runs for the Sox in each of the past 3 games and we have 3 homers during that.

I absolutely love the fact we don't need to hit the long ball to score runs...when summer comes, the HRs will too but damn I love this offense 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ruiz has looked good since ST and he's been getting better with increased confidence.  The offspeed stuff and fastball command has really come a long way.  He's ready for a more important role.

Even though they've been gas cans I still believe Marshall and Foster can be assets to the pen.  Given that we have nothing in Charlotte they had better turn it around. One positive though is that if the starters continue to get deeper into games then there will be the opportunity for those 2 to get right.

One thing I think TLR needs to do is forget about the traditional closers role.  Treat Hendriks like he's the right handed Bummer.  Use him regularly when the game actually matters.

I completely disagree with all these compliments to TLR about making the proper moves.  He still brought in gas can Foster in a tie in the 6th who faced 3 batters and gave up 2 hits.  Then Crochet came in.  People act like it was a smart move because Crochet bailed him out but that was a shitty call that could have lost the game at the time.  I wish TLR would play the tough situations like tough situations instead of just trying to stick to whatever he thinks the roles should be.

• Haha 1