5/12: Minnesota @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

I actually think Ruiz>Marshall which if anyone said that last year would have been called crazy. Ruiz throwing 97-98 and looking pretty damn good. We have options with the BP tho so i'm not too worried at this point. 

Agree time to move Ruiz up the pecking order

Marshall had two really good years with us in 2019 and 2020. He has good stuff at his best. But like, I'm surprised even with that stuff he was able to stay in the league before that. He had the following ERAs from 2015 to 2018: 6.08, 8.80, 9.39, 7.71. I think that's who he is, and I think we're seeing that guy again. I can't imagine he's long for this club. Too bad, I liked the guy. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Board meltdown in terms of blowing a 9 run lead when we were about to bury the Twins for good...?

This might go down with the 2003 Jose Paniagua one.

Although that was more of a "late season" pennant race drama.   Or the infamous Jenks/Carlos Gomez loss late in 2008.

You have a great memory

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Marshall is a career journeyman. Not surprised that he lost that little bit of magic that made him effective for a while

He had impeccable command of his offspeed stuff last year.  This year it’s not even close.

Just now, Chris Sale said:

Marshall had two really good years with us in 2019 and 2020. He has good stuff at his best. But like, I'm surprised even with that stuff he was able to stay in the league before that. He had the following ERAs from 2015 to 2018: 6.08, 8.80, 9.39, 7.71. I think that's who he is, and I think we're seeing that guy again. I can't imagine he's long for this club. Too bad, I liked the guy. 

There was a similar relief pitcher...came over from the Cubs.  He had an awesome splitter or forkball, but could never stay healthy.  When he was healthy, he performed really well for the Sox.   Didn't throw much harder than low 90's.

NAME?

About 3-4 seasons ago...seems like.

This was supposed to be a good bullpen. Bummer, Hendriks, Kopech and Crochet are fine. Ruiz is ok. I think Heuer will be too if Tony doesn't pull a Ricky/Cordero. 

The middle relief is a problem though. Foster and Marshall need to go bye bye.