5/19 Games

bmags

Congrats to Zach Remillard

Was a senior draft pick out of the Coastal Carolina championship team. Has been good not great at every level, seems like a winner and a versatile guy. Sox have kept him around and he did seem to get a lot of run in mlb camp. hope he continues to produce, easy guy to root for.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, bmags said:

Congrats to Zach Remillard

Was a senior draft pick out of the Coastal Carolina championship team. Has been good not great at every level, seems like a winner and a versatile guy. Sox have kept him around and he did seem to get a lot of run in mlb camp. hope he continues to produce, easy guy to root for.

What was the reason for the roster change?  Someone at Charlotte hurt or released?

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What was the reason for the roster change?  Someone at Charlotte hurt or released?

Joel Booker was demoted, not quite sure. With goodwin maybe there and mendick in chicago maybe there was less outfield time than they expected

Matt Zaleski (AAA pitching coach) and LHP Nik Turley both ejected in bottom of the 9th, game tied at 3-3.

Turley must have been upset with ball/strike calls, walked two runners.

Wes Helms (former Brave) gone too.

More coaching ejections in one minor league game than the entire White Sox season so far.

14 hours ago, bmags said:

Another home run for dirty dedelow

Legitimate prospect? Done well at all levels

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Ah, but they are internal options if you think about it ?

Yes, I'm sure Colas or Cespedes will be the long term RF in the SouthSide, but Adolfo, Rutherford, and maybe even Dawkins, Dedelow, Gonzalez should make the Show somewhere

Just now, ChiSoxJon said:

Yes, I'm sure Colas or Cespedes will be the long term RF in the SouthSide, but Adolfo, Rutherford, and maybe even Dawkins, Dedelow, Gonzalez should make the Show somewhere

He's old but I think we should all operate in the unknown a bit now, there isn't much precedent in seeing these guys lose a year and then some.

If he gets promoted then I think that's a good sign.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

It is nice that we seem to be developing some guys that could be useful as parts of trades as we put together playoff rosters, etc.

• Like 1