5/24 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

So looking into the NL East standings and analyzing all the injury issues, I really don’t think Marlins are going to be sellers. They’re getting healthier while rest of division is falling apart.

Well that’s unfortunate, cross Marte off the list then.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

So looking into the NL East standings and analyzing all the injury issues, I really don’t think Marlins are going to be sellers. They’re getting healthier while rest of division is falling apart.

The dream is Peralta from the crappy Dbacks…highly doubt it would happen and don’t even know what we’d offer, but 1 can hope

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You know the minors as good as anyone. Who would that even be?  

I'm not averse to seeing what Rutherford or Sheets could do. It's not like the bar is set extremely high right now. And I'm more so speaking for an Eaton replacement if he actually needs to get healthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

The dream is Peralta from the crappy Dbacks…highly doubt it would happen and don’t even know what we’d offer, but 1 can hope

Santander is the bat I would want if he became available 

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'm of the same opinion. I would think the whole Yermin success story would make the front office a little less reluctant in giving another guy a shot. What's really to lose at this point? Hell, let Eaton heal up on the IL if he truly needs it.

I think when Engel comes back maybe you can roll the dice on one of those guys.  I’d probably go with Sheets first, but both guys have great splits right now against RHP and both are on the 40 man roster.  Give Eaton a couple weeks off and hope he can back a better player.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I think when Engel comes back maybe you can roll the dice on one of those guys.  I’d probably go with Sheets first, but both guys have great splits right now against RHP and both are on the 40 man roster.  Give Eaton a couple weeks off and hope he can back a better player.

Did you read the Engel article today?  Wasn’t exactly a ringing endorsement for him being able to play every game when he returns. They even mentioned he could have pain for a while.

• Like 1