5/24 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

With only a 1.5 game division lead, can this offense really sustain another 2+ months without Eloy and Robert? Even if it’s trying Rutherford and/ or Sheets…something has to give sooner or later

They have to add some type of bat full stop and they should try to do so sooner rather than later.

Just now, fathom said:

So he’s the tallest Madrigal

Lol...I’m not disagreeing with you by the way, just pointing out how bad Leury has been.  At some point they should just call up one of the Charlotte outfielders, although I’m not sure they will cut bait on any of the veterans this earlier.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They have to add some type of bat full stop and they should try to do so sooner rather than later.

So looking into the NL East standings and analyzing all the injury issues, I really don’t think Marlins are going to be sellers. They’re getting healthier while rest of division is falling apart.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...I’m not disagreeing with you by the way, just pointing out how bad Leury has been.  At some point they should just call up one of the Charlotte outfielders, although I’m not sure they will cut bait on any of the veterans this earlier.

I'm of the same opinion. I would think the whole Yermin success story would make the front office a little less reluctant in giving another guy a shot. What's really to lose at this point? Hell, let Eaton heal up on the IL if he truly needs it.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

Just now, DirtySox said:

I'm of the same opinion. I would think the whole Yermin success story would make the front office a little less reluctant in giving another guy a shot. What's really to lose at this point?

You know the minors as good as anyone. Who would that even be?  

Just now, kitekrazy said:

It's still May and teams go through slumps. 

I’ve been calling this a slump for a while, but we also are giving too much playing time to non major league hitters in Leury & Hamilton and relying on a hobbled Eaton and developing Vaughn in the corners.  Engel will help some no do doubt, but we desperately need an OF bat that can actually hit RHP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I'm of the same opinion. I would think the whole Yermin success story would make the front office a little less reluctant in giving another guy a shot. What's really to lose at this point?

Heck, I'd almost go with Eaton/Mendick/Engel in CF and Adolfo in RF just to see what would happen.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ve been calling this a slump for a while, but we also are giving too much playing time to non major league hitters in Leury & Hamilton and relying on a hobbled Eaton and developing Vaughn in the corners.  Engel will help some no do doubt, but we desperately need an OF bat that can actually hit RHP.

Don't forget Lamb.  Nick Williams, etc.

Edited by caulfield12