5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

Just now, Green Line said:

I think, for a backup catcher, he has been great.  I hold backups to low standards I guess.  Look at everyone the sox threw behind the plate pre-2020.  This is just fine.

Yes you do and that's not a good standard to set. Look at the teams we were rolling out there. I'd like to have a catcher that's better offensively, defensively and better pitch framing. I think he could be easily replaced and this team not miss a beat. 

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Yes you do and that's not a good standard to set. Look at the teams we were rolling out there. I'd like to have a catcher that's better offensively, defensively and better pitch framing. I think he could be easily replaced and this team not miss a beat. 

Arguably he's been more productive offensively than the guy in front of him.

I'd like a stud BACKUP catcher who is good offensively, defensively too.  They don't exist.  Otherwise they'd be starting.  Collins is about the best there is.

Edited by Green Line

Just now, Baron said:

You might have a look at what a backup catcher in MLB looks like. There are better defensive backups sure, but offensively? Not really

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

You might have a look at what a backup catcher in MLB looks like. There are better defensive backups sure, but offensively? Not really

I should have prefaced with saying one of the above 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Your the one that made the comparison. Not me. 

Considering that Collins has played 2/3 the amount of games that Yasmani has, their offense production isn't *that* far apart. Neither have been great.  I said "arguably".  I'd rather have Yasmani but its not that much of a strech, which was my point.  Take the stick out of your butt.