5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Does he tho?  He's little more than a C+ prospect, if that, at this point. Can he play CF?

Super active Cards forum for the game thread:

https://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65513&start=20

They don't seem too thrilled about their lineup either.

I bet he’d still be considered B-

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The guy with  90 wrC+ playing on one leg and .7 fWAR? Sox could certainly be doing worse.  Careful what you wish for.  The Sox have had plenty of types like Rutherford come up and completely bomb, worse than replacement.  Right now Eaton isn't even that big of a crater.

That was all built on the first fifteen games or so. He’s been useless since then. .112/258/.212 since April 27 to go with sub par defense

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

That was all built on the first fifteen games or so. He’s been useless since then. .112/258/.212 since April 27 to go with sub par defense

Engel will be back this weekend I'd imagine and then Adam can go rest up.  I'm not a huge fan of Eaton on one leg but Sox have better option in Engel than Rutherford.

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Moncada and Eaton have gone in opposite directions since mid-April. Moncada started very slowly, and then has been mostly a monster(outside of hitting HRs) since mid-April while Eaton started out on fire and has been awful since around the same time. 

• Like 1

Engel will be back this weekend I'd imagine and then Adam can go rest up.  I'm not a huge fan of Eaton on one leg but Sox have better option in Engel than Rutherford.

Engel can only play one position at a time

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd rather give Rutherford a look to see if anything is there than play either of Hamilton/Garcia or Eaton on one leg. 

Eaton's problem has been that he's always injured, more than anything else. He's either playing hurt and bad or not playing at all in recent years. 

Also: Engel needs to be playing CF. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'd rather give Rutherford a look to see if anything is there than play either of Hamilton/Garcia or Eaton on one leg. 

Eaton's problem has been that he's always injured, more than anything else. He's either playing hurt and bad or not playing at all in recent years. 

Also: Engel needs to be playing CF. 

I'm guessing that part of it is not wanting to add Rutherford or Sheets to the 40 man -- for trade considerations it's much better if they are not. edit: NM, both guys are already on the 40 man.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I'm guessing that part of it is not wanting to add Rutherford or Sheets to the 40 man -- for trade considerations it's much better if they are not.

They are both already on the 40 man.

I'm guessing that part of it is not wanting to add Rutherford or Sheets to the 40 man -- for trade considerations it's much better if they are not. edit: NM, both guys are already on the 40 man.

I think Rutherford is running out of options as well, so they better look before they have to DFA him. It's time to either give him a look or trade him to someone who will. 

29 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think Rutherford is running out of options as well, so they better look before they have to DFA him. It's time to either give him a look or trade him to someone who will. 

Same with Adolfo, who warrants a look just for his arm and power...although the K numbers will be stratospheric, in all likelihood.

6 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I'm not a gambler, so I don't understand the White Sox being -145 against an 8-0 Flaherty.

Saw same, wondered like you.  Could be a reaction to all the Sox money coming in.

Edited by Stinky Stanky

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Does he tho?  He's little more than a C+ prospect, if that, at this point. Can he play CF?

Super active Cards forum for the game thread:

https://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65513&start=20

They don't seem too thrilled about their lineup either.

Why am I banned from there lmfao, I have zero recollection of ever visting that site

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Saw same, wondered like you.  Could be a reaction to all the Cards money coming in.

Seems "fairly obvious" at first blush with how Giolito has scuffled (except in his K numbers) for most of the season...I don't know, if you strip away that Boston start and the other one (think it was against DET, but maybe KC) where he was left in too long and the relievers got hit, he'd be somewhere in the vicinity of a 3.50-3.75ish ERA.

Pretty good...but not compared to 2019/20.

Must be that "certainty" attached to a record like 8-0...like "he can't be beaten," until he is.  And that record has been mostly put together with starts against sub-par or mediocre teams, with two notable exceptions.

8 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Why am I banned from there lmfao, I have zero recollection of ever visting that site

Did you include Luis Robert's name and some reference to the fact that the Cards missed out him?

Or a Charlie Tilson shout-out?

Btw, Avisail Garcia at .252 and .776 for the Brewers.   Anyone trade Avi's existing contract for the Eaton deal?  Fathom favorite Kolton Wong at .779 OPS.  Omar Narvaez .330 and 885 OPS, one of Balta's favorite (LOL) trades in Sox history.   Seems whenever we deal someone with a flaw with the Sox (Semien's lack of a position/fielding/so-so power for 3B), Eduardo Escobar-glove only, Narvaez can only hit/walk, Montas, Bassitt, etc.) they seem to magically find a work-around with another organization.

Edited by caulfield12