Important Notice

MurcieOne

Wow, what an interesting, and very sad day in Soxtalk history.

Jason has now quit, and Alex and myself are in charge. I am prepared to make the first announcement under our new sort of "regime."

AS of right now, Clujer, BMR, and CWSOX(Vince) have been banned from this board.

I feel that I had to do this, for the health and prosperity of this board. There has been so much bickering that I believe if these moves weren’t made that this entire board would eventually die.

I banned the following members for the following reasons.

Clujer: well, unfortunately this member hasn’t learned from the 2 suspensions he has already earned. I think that he offers nothing to this board, other than his constant negative attitude, and his needless attacks on people who are non-deserving. I feel that if I were to allow him to bash people any longer, that I would be not fulfilling my duties that Jason has bestowed upon me. He has officially been banned for life.

BMR: This member has "promised" us that he would try and be a better poster, but he has turned out to be a liar. He continues this senseless debate on another member’s sexuality, and will not allow it subside. The Moderating staff has simply had enough of it and will no longer tolerate such cruelty. I think there are sometimes, where saying “sorry” isn’t good enough, especially when you don’t mean it. This member has been officially banned for life.

Cwsox: I regret having to do this, as I consider Vince a personal friend – one I might lose now – but under the circumstances I believe that he is deserving of a ban lasting no more and no less than 8 months. Vince is a responsible adult, and I don’t believe he should have put himself in the position to be accused of such serious things as pedophilia. That being said, I in no way believe any of those allegations were true. He has also been banned because of continuing arguments with other posters. This member has been officially banned for 8 months.

There will be no list of rules, because this isn’t WSI, I consider it a better message board then WSI and I believe no one needs their hands being held while posting here. Our members are what make this board special, so I’m sorry for any inconveniences that we’ve put you through, It’s something that’s needed to be done for quite a time. I will receive any complaints or comments through PM or my e-mail address [email protected]. One last thing, after talking to Jason, he has assured me that he will one day return to his duties as administrator, and hopes when that day comes, this board is still the place to be for White Sox news on the web.

Mark J. Jacobsen

Co-CEO of Soxtalk.com

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what an interesting, and very sad day in Soxtalk history.

Jason has now quit, and Alex and myself are in charge. I am prepared to make the first announcement under our new sort of "regime."

AS of right now, Clujer, BMR, and CWSOX(Vince) have been banned from this board.

I feel that I had to do this, for the health and prosperity of this board. There has been so much bickering that I believe if these moves weren’t made that this entire board would eventually die.

I banned the following members for the following reasons.

Clujer: well, unfortunately this member hasn’t learned from the 2 suspensions he has already earned. I think that he offers nothing to this board, other than his constant negative attitude, and his needless attacks on people who are non-deserving. I feel that if I were to allow him to bash people any longer, that I would be not fulfilling my duties that Jason has bestowed upon me. He has officially been banned for life.

BMR: This member has "promised" us that he would try and be a better poster, but he has turned out to be a liar. He continues this senseless debate on another member’s sexuality, and will not allow it subside. The Moderating staff has simply had enough of it and will no longer tolerate such cruelty. I think there are sometimes, where saying “sorry” isn’t good enough, especially when you don’t mean it. This member has been officially banned for life.

Cwsox: I regret having to do this, as I consider Vince a personal friend – one I might lose now – but under the circumstances I believe that he is deserving of a ban lasting no more and no less than 8 months. Vince is a responsible adult, and I don’t believe he should have put himself in the position to be accused of such serious things as pedophilia. That being said, I in no way believe any of those allegations were true. He has also been banned because of continuing arguments with other posters. This member has been officially banned for 8 months.

There will be no list of rules, because this isn’t WSI, I consider it a better message board then WSI and I believe no one needs their hands being held while posting here. Our members are what make this board special, so I’m sorry for any inconveniences that we’ve put you through, It’s something that’s needed to be done for quite a time. I will receive any complaints or comments through PM or my e-mail address [email protected]. One last thing, after talking to Jason, he has assured me that he will one day return to his duties as administrator, and hopes when that day comes, this board is still the place to be for White Sox news on the web.

Mark J. Jacobsen

Co-CEO of Soxtalk.com

Murcie, a few questions.

A-Will we be able to fund the website still? I know Jason pays for this...

B-If you need moderation help, I'd like an opprotunity at a lesser board...

Oh please, what exactly have you done to deserve an opportunity like that? There are more deserving people in front of you :rolleyes:

Like me :D I can be the mod of the hot chick thread.

HA! I should be at least CoO-Mod for that thread :D

Fine but only if my name comes first. :D

Wait a second, that thread is in the TESTING board(the jungle) which is run by yours truly....I have the power..I can delete that thread just like that..All should bow down to me :lol: :lol: :D :P :cheers

Oh please, what exactly have you done to deserve an opportunity like that? There are more deserving people in front of you :rolleyes:

Wait a second, that thread is in the TESTING board(the jungle) which is run by yours truly....I have the power..I can delete that thread just like that..All should bow down to me :lol: :lol: :D :P :cheers

Ya better watch yourself. :ph34r:

Yeah you could but a lot of those pics came from me and my computer and you can't delete those. :finger

Yeah you could but a lot of those pics came from me and my computer and you can't delete those. :finger

Oh yeah, Oh Yeah...Don't make me hire a nerd to hack you! :D :lol:

Murcie, a few questions.

Dude, wait until you've been around over a month at least! :lol:

hes been around for a long time....remember wsc

:huh: I thought Gash already was a moderator.

Nah, the Testing Board really doesn't need a MOD..Jas just gave me that title for that board cause I asked and he's cool..Although, alot of people are now going in there cause of the Hot Chicks thread..which is nice.. :lol:

Nah, the Testing Board really doesn't need a MOD..Jas just gave me that title for that board cause I asked and he's cool..Although, alot of people are now going in there cause of the Hot Chicks thread..which is nice.. :lol:

Oh, well that makes sense. You're obviously not good enough to be a real mod. :P

Side note: That thread seems to have obtained a sorta cult status.

Murcie, a few questions.

hes been around for a long time....remember wsc

Ahhh, I see. My bad. Didn't recognize him without that nasty smiley av.

Murcie, a few questions.

I am wsc425, i have been here since a month ago

BECAUSE it is an imporant post of mine ill post it again in this thread:

EVEN though it may seem today is a bad day for Soxtalk, it is in fact a good one. JASON I admire your decision even though ill miss you and so will the site, I admire the fact that even though your insight and posts to this site will be very limited you are still paying for a site that you will no longer post in, I admire that and ill miss you.

MAURICE and soxheads I respect and think that your recent decison are great move for the site, I really do, I think Cleugher as mentioned by Gashwound and other posters brought negativity and sparked many conflicts. ILL no doubt miss bmr, but once again I respect your decisions. I will promise that I will not post useless crap or "spam". AND as for the whole cwsox situation I cant comment on it because I was never and im glad about it involved in the situation. ALL ban's might of been a neccessity to the site. I have a question what happeneed for cluegher say no one could trust HSC, I could trust her, at least I think I could, and what proof was bmr talking about , as for people considering leaving the board, I think that will be a terrible decison and one you will regret, anyway that's all on my mind as of now. ONE more thing as for me sayin BE GOOD that shall be limited because it seemed to spark some conflicts recentley, anyway im goin ill post some more later. ONCE again I agreee with Maurice's and heads decison's....THIS might have been my longest post ever ....

P.S. ill miss you bmr