Shane Reynolds?

Chisoxfn

He's been out most of the season with an injury, but he's gonna be 100% for next year and is a damn good pitcher and a great leader.

I'd imagine he'd have a cheaper price tag then Maddux or Clemens so I'd think that the Sox may end up consider someone like him.

Personally I'd take him cause he's a lot better then what we got on the most part.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

He's been out most of the season with an injury, but he's gonna be 100% for next year and is a damn good pitcher and a great leader.

I'd imagine he'd have a cheaper price tag then Maddux or Clemens so I'd think that the Sox may end up consider someone like him.

Personally I'd take him cause he's a lot better then what we got on the most part.

That's what we all said about Parque, Howry, Barcelo, Rauch...

I'd wait at least a year for him to be back at 100%.

Originally posted by Iwritecode
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

That's what we all said about Parque, Howry, Barcelo, Rauch...

I'd wait at least a year for him to be back at 100%.

Yup. Seems that a pitcher coming off injury needs at least one full season to regain flexibility, strength, and full arm range-of-motion (if it was an arm injury).

Speaking of a pitcher coming off an injury, what do you guys think of Kris Benson? He is definitely not Ritchie and he had good seasons with the Pirates before the injury.

Another suggestion that I have for you guys, how about Joe Kennedy of the Devil Rays. He pitched against us very well and he is a lefty. I think he will be a good pitcher complementing from our best pitcher Buerhle.

Guest hotsoxchick1

no more pitchers coming off injury !!!!! cant we find one whos healthy and can stay that way for a season or two.... geez... theres got to be at least one or two out there.....

I'd love either Benson or kennedy. Both are cheap pitchers with good stuff that could help our team. The big question is what would we need to give up.

In the Pirates circumstance i think they are looking for offensive help as well as a replacement for Kendall, whom they'd like to move. I'd look to give them Caballo, an infield prospect, and MJ or Paul for Kris Benson any day of the week. Of course I'd be willing to give them either Harris, Hummel or Miles as the infield prospect if they take Liefer instead of Carlos.