6/22: Chicago White Sox @ Pittsburgh 6:05 PM CDT

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Is it regression or is it just going through a rough patch, as all teams, even the best ones, go through? 

Hard to know, really, especially with all the injuries. Shades of 2020 and 2012 though.

They had a BABIP and ground ball percentage that was hard to project success with after April

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My biggest fear is how it will cost us in the coming years.  Crochet is getting nowhere near enough innings to even be a starter by 2023.  Kopech is going to struggle to get enough innings in his current role to be fully ramped up to start for 2022.  Vaughn is being asked to learn how to adjust to major league hitting in a quasi platoon role.  So not only are they failing to develop them appropriately, we’re burning through valuable service time.

Should have just traded Vaughn and Crochet for Burnes and Narvaez.  I’ve always been one of the lowest believers in Vaughn, but this is just hard to watch with him currently.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Is it regression or is it just going through a rough patch, as all teams, even the best ones, go through? 

Hard to know, really, especially with all the injuries. Shades of 2020 and 2012 though.

The numbers don't lie. Our power numbers are atrocious. Can't keep winning like this at a high rate. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This team is about to be in for a long month. I don't see them doing well against Minnesota or Seattle if they keep playing like this They got to comfortable because they were winning the division convincingly and are ignoring the flaws. 

They'd have trouble beating Kanny right now.

Edited by oldsox

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The numbers don't lie. Our power numbers are atrocious. Can't keep winning like this at a high rate. 

They showed a graphic that had Adam Engel with three homers in June and there is one Sox player ahead of him. Adam Engel is one of your leading power hitters?

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Should have just traded Vaughn and Crochet for Burnes and Narvaez.  I’ve always been one of the lowest believers in Vaughn, but this is just hard to watch with him currently.

Hahn would never admit he was wrong on Narvaez...

The way things are going, the Tigers are going to be pushing the Sox as early as 2022.   Jimenez and Robert pretty much have to come back at 100%.

• Like 1