Mariners @ Sox, 6/25, 7:10 PM CT

Is this the best yet least likeable team in Sox history? I think many of us would be OK with a ton of personnel switches in the lineup and the Sox are 14 over .500 for gosh sakes. Hard to fall in love with many of these guys. Don't get me wrong. 14 over .500 is dandy.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

This is the lineup with Robert, Jimenez, Engel, Madrigal and Eaton healthy.

SS Anderson, 3rd Moncada, 1st Abreu, LF Jimenez, CF Robert, C Grandal, DH Vaughn, RF Engel/Eaton, 2nd Madrigal. 

Now you can see why we aren’t winning that many games? But if we add a good RF and a good/decent 2nd baseman to the lineup until we get back Jimenez, Robert, Engel, Eaton and Hamilton we will have a deep bench where we would be able rotate in guys to keep them fresh.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Is this the best yet least likeable team in Sox history? I think many of us would be OK with a ton of personnel switches in the lineup and the Sox are 14 over .500 for gosh sakes. Hard to fall in love with many of these guys. Don't get me wrong. 14 over .500 is dandy.

I think the players are likable. The manager on the other hand…

• Thanks 1

Taking away that popcorn is bush league move by Sox management in a 9-3 game and no fans sitting where the big bag of popcorn is. Obviously if the popcorn was getting in the way but that's just wrong. I love the way the woman kept eating the popcorn and not looking at the security guard and just kept eating til he took the bag. Sad White Sox.

• Like 1

Just now, Big Hurtin said:

A couple snitches are in the booth.  They got those kids in trouble a (few?) weeks ago (running around all over), now these guys' popcorn.

Benetti snitching again?  Disgraceful.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This is the lineup with Robert, Jimenez, Engel, Madrigal and Eaton healthy.

SS Anderson, 3rd Moncada, 1st Abreu, LF Jimenez, CF Robert, C Grandal, DH Vaughn, RF Engel/Eaton, 2nd Madrigal. 

Now you can see why we aren’t winning that many games? But if we add a good RF and a good/decent 2nd baseman to the lineup until we get back Jimenez, Robert, Engel, Eaton and Hamilton we will have a deep bench where we would be able rotate in guys to keep them fresh.

So two weeks ago this team proved how great it was and how resilent it was. Then when we start losing it is because of injuries. The injuries suck for sure but injuries will always happen in baseball. I'm sure the Angels would love to have a healthy Trout and Rendon play together. I'm sure the Twins and Yankees would love to have some luck with health, as would the Cubs.

I'm sure Cleveland would love to have 3 of their SP's healthy. No excuses. If this offense is broke make a trade or two for some meh players that can hold the fort instead of running out guys that can't hit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Taking popcorn from people may be the most ridiculous thing I have seen on a Sox broadcast. 

It really angers me. Bush league in a 9-3 game and plenty of room for the popcorn. Just tell the fricking fans on the way out to not bring the big bag of popcorn again. Some fans ought to run up and buy em some more popcorn if there's time to get a few boxes for 8 bucks a box probably.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Foster just doesn’t look like a big leaguer this year. Fastball isn’t nearly good enough to not have a breaking pitch.

He threw a cutter to Haniger. That's new. Unfortunately it got hit for a single.