Farewell addresses

IlliniBob72

What's the deal with all these farewell addresses? You'd think this board were populated by a bunch of George Washingtons, addressing the troops after the war was over. It's a message board, for chrissakes. If you don't want to post or read anymore, just stop. I see these farewells as just pandering for pleas not to go..."Don't go, so and so, it'll get better!", "Please come back!", "See what you guys did, you chased good ol' so and so away!" Whatever happened to the quiet exit? :rolleyes:

What's the deal with all these farewell addresses? You'd think this board were populated by a bunch of George Washingtons, addressing the troops after the war was over. It's a message board, for chrissakes. If you don't want to post or read anymore, just stop. I see these farewells as just pandering for pleas not to go..."Don't go, so and so, it'll get better!", "Please come back!", "See what you guys did, you chased good ol' so and so away!" Whatever happened to the quiet exit?  :rolleyes:

:lol:

yeah really its a message board guys, come on.

I have no problem with it - while it may be seen as a device to have people ask you to stay, it can also be ( and I think it is ) a call to bring up a problem and to show the mods that the problem might be chasing people away.

Quiet exits would not shed light on any potential problems.

Personally, it's not my style to announce my exit, I'd probably just leave and then lurk once in a while to see if what bothered me is still happening.