Mark Buerhle

Guest Guest

If I'm not mistaken, Rauch was up with the Sox before that August call-up and, if I recall correctly, he didn't fare too well in 3 or 4 outings. I think that is what you are remembering bjmarte. Trust me though when I say he looked real good in late 2002.

Hmm, maybe you are right. Maybe I am thinking of the beginning of the year.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i thought i remember reading somewhere that we had untill the 10th of january to offer todd a deal and if we didnt come up with one then we had to wait till may to do it again........i could be wrong but i swear i read that somewhere........ill look around though and see if i still have the spot in my computers history.................as for parque you may as well foreget about him coming back, from what i hear hes already made up his mind not to......

where is Parque thinking of going?

I always liked Parque. He was good to me when I met him and I love his battling attitude. If I were ina fight, I'd want him by my side, he'd never give up. I just wish he could have recovered from surgery better/faster, and I wish we could re-sign him.

where is Parque thinking of going?

I always liked Parque.  He was good to me when I met him and I love his battling attitude.  If I were ina fight, I'd want him by my side, he'd never give up.  I just wish he could have recovered from surgery better/faster, and I wish we could re-sign him.

I've met Parque's dad and from what I've heard he will not come back with the Sox. He doesn't like KW and still things he's a great pitcher. He has a ton of confidence, which I like, but lets be honest, KW was right when he kept saying Parque wasn't ready.

Jim was a guy I liked watching and I thought he'd turn into a pretty solid pitcher, I still think he could be cause the guy posesses a ton of heart, but he won't be back.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i honestly dont know where he thinks hes going cw... i talked to dan and he had talked to jim a while ago and jim told him he wouldnt be back....maybe hes thinking of leaving ball all together?? who knows i dont think he even has fully thought of where to go from here .....all i know is that he wont be back and has no intentions of coming back unless kw offeres him a deal comparable to what he originally had........we know that aint going to happen anytime soon...........

i honestly dont know where he thinks hes going cw... i talked to dan and he had talked to jim a while ago and jim told him he wouldnt be back....maybe hes thinking of leaving ball all together?? who knows i dont think he even has fully thought of where to go from here .....all i know is that he wont be back and has no  intentions of coming back unless kw offeres him a deal comparable to what he originally had........we know that aint going to happen anytime soon...........

I don't see Parque retiring, but he does have enough money, which is good for him.

i thought i remember reading somewhere that we had untill the 10th of january to offer todd a deal and if we didnt come up with one then we had to wait till may to do it again

He was non tendered,he can be offered and accept a deal at any time prior to the start of the season,after the start of the season the Sox would have to make room for him on the twenty five man roster.

and are there any rumors whether we will re-sign him or not?

I wouldn't mind seeing him play for us again, he certainly was better than what he showed us last year and we need something out of that trade. But I wouldn't let him get to 15 losses, if he didn't get better numbers, I'd dump him.

And damn I'd like to see us sign Buehrle to a long term contract soon. Whatever he wants...

and are there any rumors whether we will re-sign him or not?

I wouldn't mind seeing him play for us again, he certainly was better than what he showed us last year and we need something out of that trade.  But I wouldn't let him get to 15 losses, if he didn't get better numbers, I'd dump him.

And damn I'd like to see us sign Buehrle to a long term contract soon.  Whatever he wants...

Well, Whitesox.com says its very unlikely we will get Ritchie back, which surprised me, cause it means KW is admitting a failure, something I don't mind seeing out of gms. I like it when they admit they screwed up.

KW admitted a couple of his failures already and thats one impressive thing about him.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I really was under the impression that there was a deadline in January for resigning him, like HSC said.  Though, I was thinking it was the 20th. :huh:

ill be damned if i can find it now.. but i know i read it somewhere about the january thing and ritchie and parque..... jimmys made it perfectly clear he isnt coming back....... not while kw is in charge anyhow......but who knows.. kw wont admit it often he was wrong so we may still see ritchie back here.....ukkk......and all this time we thought when he said he would get a good #2 he meant it........looks like we will be stuck with subpar once again..............