Eaton: why is he needed anymore?

ron883

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

At the time, Eaton was fine and Pederson was terrible to be fair.

edit: worse than terrible actually

I actually said at the time it was too early to draw any conclusions, but @Look at Ray Ray Run can’t say to “relax it’s one good month” after he himself was hyping up Eaton’s bat as being a “perfect fit” for the two hole after that one month and speculating it would last all season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

?

He had a better month than I expected and people were bumping things saying I was wrong about Eaton so I went to be positive and say I was wrong... but sadly I was right and it was a shit signing and he's a bum.

I dogged the Eaton signing everyday and most of the month. You're taking my tongue in cheek I was wrong post too seriously I think.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He had a better month than I expected and people were bumping things saying I was wrong about Eaton so I went to be positive and say I was wrong... but sadly I was right and it was a shit signing and he's a bum.

I dogged the Eaton signing everyday and most of the month. You're taking my tongue in cheek I was wrong post too seriously I think.

This isn’t intended to be a “gotcha”, but you can’t argue both sides of this and act like his April wasn’t a decent month because of some shitty numbers against LHP (partially driven by a flukey BABIP).  Eaton put up a 129 wRC+ against RHP and actually looked the part of a legit two hole hitter in April like you said.  We’d all be ecstatic right now with a Eaton/Engel platoon in RF if we were getting a wRC+ of 129 from the strong side.

Also, I’m with you in not liking the signing in the first place, but that’s more because Adam simply can’t stay healthy and is a below average defender.  I’m 100% for upgrading RF because we can’t bank on Eaton being the guy we saw in April as his body likely won’t allow it.

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This isn’t intended to be a “gotcha”, but you can’t argue both sides of this and act like his April wasn’t a decent month because of some shitty numbers against LHP (partially driven by a flukey BABIP).  Eaton put up a 129 wRC+ against RHP and actually looked the part of a legit two hole hitter in April like you said.  We’d all be ecstatic right now with a Eaton/Engel platoon in RF if we were getting a wRC+ of 129 from the strong side.

Also, I’m with you in not liking the signing in the first place, but that’s more because Adam simply can’t stay healthy and is a below average defender.  I’m 100% for upgrading RF because we can’t bank on Eaton being the guy we saw in April as his body likely won’t allow it.

No worries either way, I was kind of mocking the narrative that he was a great signing as everyone was rubbing it in but my sarcastic condescending posts are certainly worth of being dunked on sometimes lol