New Soldier Field

I went to the Fire game yesterday at New Soldier Field. It's pretty nice, but there are some negatives. They aren't organized yet. We drive onto Lake Shore Drive, they lead us off at the first turn. Then they put us right back onto Lake Shore Drive only to be going the other way, lol. Then they put you in the parking garage under the stadium. You walk about 1/3 of the way around the stadium just to get in line to get in the stadium. As you can imagine with few lines to get in, there is a long wait and a big crowd. We get in and have to walk back a bit to get to our section. Now that's ass backwards! Our seats were in the 17th row, around midfield. Very good view of the field, but we have the overhang from the 2nd deck on top of us. Whenever they had fireworks go off (and there was a good amount of that) we couldn't see them. We couldn't see the scoreboard either, though they did have tv's that showed the same thing as the scoreboard. As you can imagine it's not the same thing. After the game we walked around to see what the good seats are. It appears that the endzone seats are very good. My first impression of the place was that the space ship has landed as a lot of people have said. The half with the press boxes looks nice on the outside though. Of the people that have gone to a game there what did you think of the place?

from far away I don't think the stadium looks that bad, but as I walked closer and closer to it yesterday it had just a weird design to it.

as far as the inside? I agree in that it was very unorganized.

I didn't drive there (took the train) so I don't know how parking is but it wasn't the easiest park to get around in. the concourse was fine and from the press box, it looked as though every seat was a good seat, but at half-time I walked down to the lower concourse and it took forever it seemed to find the right way to walk and the right stairs to go down. it reminded me too much of a convention center than an actual stadium.

I didn't mind it though, the inside of the stadium is pretty cool and the sightline of the downtown area is nice as well.

I was one of the first people to see the stadium because i had the luck to see the bears loose to the Packers. The stadium inside is frigin awesome in my opinion. I had South endzone seats, like 200 level and i could see the whole feild great. I really didn't have a problem finding my seats though i enter the stadium from the wrong end and had to run around to my seats. The jumbo tron things were great and the crowd noise really does come alive(if people don't sit on their hands like they were doing for most of the packers game). All in all i have to say they did a bang up job putting this in, inside the pillars.