GT 7/11: SOX @BAL, 12:05

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

^^^^^

I think the metrics have Vaughn slightly below average but that's no different than Eloy. Eloy has much better range than Vaughn does though. 

I think if Eloy had the ability to quit hurting himself and teammates playing the field I'd rather have him out there, but idk if that will ever be the case. 

UZR has him as a positive defender. He's so much better than Eloy out there and he's not gonna hurt himself by being an idiot.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

We can’t DH Eloy all the time if we think there is any chance he might needed in LF.  I’m all for DHing him most days, but he’ll need to get the occasional start in the field.

I agree he should play out there sometimes. But there's no way he should be the regular LFer or even a platoon option out there if Vaughn keeps developing this well at the plate. 

• Like 2

Just now, chw42 said:

I agree he should play out there sometimes. But there's no way he should be the regular LFer or even a platoon option out there if Vaughn keeps developing this well at the plate. 

100% agree with that.  Vaughn is hands down the better fielder and should get the bulk of the starts out there.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Crochet throwing his fastball about the same speed as Ryan Burr. That's...not good. 

Quit waiting for him to throw 100 again it's not coming back. He's going to top out at 98-99 and that's fine. 

Biggest thing for Crochet next spring is to find a changeup grip that actually gets it in the 86-88 mph range during games. 

Edited by Jack Parkman