2022 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

The upside is too great. Pitchers get used up anyway. Get the most you can out of him. The stuff is still there. Rodon had shoulder surgery and didn't lose much. 

I don't think there's much upside there.  He's a one pitch guy with below avg fastball command.  I think he's a reliever if he's able to stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't think there's much upside there.  He's a one pitch guy with below avg fastball command.  I think he's a reliever if he's able to stay healthy. 

What’s the one pitch?  Scouting report I saw said the breaking stuff was good.  Fastball was firm, but very straight.

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Tidwell wasn't an elbow? I generally agree with you there, but Rocker has already had surgery and the stuff has returned. 

Shoulder soreness for Tidwell.  Ok Rockers stuff has returned but how good is it and how long will it last?  The fastball is flat, slider is plus, change is fringey and the command is below avg.  Plus there's the makeup stuff of trying to hide an injury.  

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Shoulder soreness for Tidwell.  Ok Rockers stuff has returned but how good is it and how long will it last?  The fastball is flat, slider is plus, change is fringey and the command is below avg.  Plus there's the makeup stuff of trying to hide an injury.  

Were you against bringing Rodon back? 

Callis has the White Sox nabbing Cade Horton in his latest mock. He showed out during the CWS and has tons of helium.

26. White Sox: Cade Horton, RHP, Oklahoma (No. 24)
Horton's lack of college track record makes him tough to place, but he'd be a great fit for a White Sox organization lacking in upper-level pitching prospects. Rocker would be too. Chicago could pounce on Toman if the Blue Jays don't, or they could grab a college outfielder.

Oklahoma right-hander Cade Horton concluded a stellar postseason run on June 26 by striking out 13 batters without a walk in 7 1/3 innings against Mississippi in the final game of the College World Series, touching 98 mph with his fastball and 90 mph with a wipeout slider. He missed all of 2021 and didn't pitch until March 29 following Tommy John surgery, so he doesn't have much track record, but he might have the best stuff of any college starting pitching prospect.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-july-6-2022?t=mlb-draft-coverage

Edited by DirtySox

The Athletic did a staff mock draft with the beat guys selecting for their respective teams. Take with a grain of salt obviously. Also I would love this pick, mainly because of the dirtbag vibe Jett gives off.

26. Chicago White Sox — Jett Williams, SS, Rockwell (Tex.) HS

Stuff-monster college pitchers that will be a challenge to keep in the rotation? Physically limited but high-performing college bats? Hunting for impact upside by accepting some risk from prep talent? At the No. 26 spot, I get to pick whatever White Sox organizational trend I want. Beyond a cool name, Williams offers sort of a combination of those trends. He’s an undersized Texas high schooler, and carries that requisite level of risk to buy into his hit tool playing at higher levels. But if you do, to the point of offering him millions of dollars, maybe he reads as a more physically well-rounded version of the 2018 Nick Madrigal pick — if you allow me to take a massive leap in logic. — James Fegan

https://theathletic.com/3396221/2022/07/07/mlb-mock-draft-druw-jones-analysis/

Edited by DirtySox

19 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

The Athletic did a staff mock draft with the beat guys selecting for their respective teams. Take with a grain of salt obviously. Also I would love this pick, mainly because of the dirtbag vibe Jett gives off.

https://theathletic.com/3396221/2022/07/07/mlb-mock-draft-druw-jones-analysis/

Not sure I buy that.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

god after the all star game is so damn late.

It's absolutely ridiculous.  The draft should have been a month ago. The summer is for playing baseball and these guys are missing valuable development time because they're just sitting around afraid of getting hurt. They're afraid to hit, afraid to throw, and afraid to lift and Manfred couldn't care less because he wants his show no one is going to watch.  He just doesn't get it and he can't go away soon enough.

• Like 3