Sox have checked Rodriguez (Pitt) Fry (BAL)

maloney.adam

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

And you call yourself German.

Listen, we are clearly operating on a shoestring budget here on soxtalk dot com. Do you have any idea how much beer we‘d have to sell to recoup the cost of a liquor license?.

Soxtalk admins in the pockets of Big Beer, sad!

Rodriguez has seen a massive decline in spin rate (fastball down ~300 RPMs slider around 500) and a significant increase in walks post sticky stuff ban. ERA is over 5 in that span with the FIP to back it up. I'd be hesitant to give up anything of significance for him.

Edited by maxjusttyped

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Listen, we are clearly operating on a shoestring budget here on soxtalk dot com. Do you have any idea how much beer we‘d have to sell to recoup the cost of a liquor license?.

Soxtalk admins in the pockets of Big Beer, sad!

Why not both?

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Rodriguez has seen a massive decline in spin rate (fastball down ~300 RPMs slider around 500) and a significant increase in walks post sticky stuff ban. ERA is over 5 in that span with the FIP to back it up. I'd be hesitant to give up anything of significance for him.

I always wondered how he was able to get guys out with a 93 MPH fastball. Turns out if you had elite spin rates, it's not impossible. But without it? No shot. 

19 hours ago, hi8is said:

Yes please. Get me a RF too.

Catcher . While RF would be nice too. However, can you imagine if Grandal, who will be the last injured player to return, has problems with his knee and the Sox are stuck with Collins who might be the worst defensive catcher in baseball getting significant playoff time ? Yan Gomes with his 115 OPS+ is till the best backup catcher available since he's a FA next year. I don't even care that he is right handed , catcher is still the spot on the team that needs the most help given what could happen if Grandal can't cut it.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Catcher . While RF would be nice too. However, can you imagine if Grandal, who will be the last injured player to return, has problems with his knee and the Sox are stuck with Collins who might be the worst defensive catcher in baseball getting significant playoff time ? Yan Gomes with his 115 OPS+ is till the best backup catcher available since he's a FA next year. I don't even care that he is right handed , catcher is still the spot on the team that needs the most help given what could happen if Grandal can't cut it.

Yes. Was mentioned in another thread. I definitely think he's worth looking at. 

8 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Yes. Was mentioned in another thread. I definitely think he's worth looking at. 

Getting a catcher, just in case,  makes a lot of sense. Right now, they take Zavala's spot. In a couple of weeks when Yas is back, you could send Collins to Charlotte for 2 weeks and call him up in September. 

• Like 1