Are We Done Dealing.....

2Deep

53 minutes ago, Tony said:

I think that's a fair way to put it, but I think we should all expect more than just "the minimum." 

I'm not asking them to make moves like the Dodgers did, but I feel like they are going to rest on the "Eloy/Robert/Grandal are going to be our deadline moves, we really didn't have to do much" line and I just can't agree with that. Don't just be OK, get greedy. Go for it. Be loaded with talent. 

They just don't operate that way...

This is exactly where I’m at.  The fact that the other AL contenders have added some heavy hitters makes it more difficult to accept the bare minimum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

This is exactly where I’m at.  The fact that the other AL contenders have added some heavy hitters makes it more difficult to accept the bare minimum.

Yup, we gotta keep up. Even if it's for depth pieces. Eloy getting hurt 2 games after coming back already has me doubting how healthy we'll be for the stretch run. 

21 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Yeah just seems these other teams are flying past the Sox in terms of impact players the last few days.  I like Hernández and Tepera moves but it seems like Sox are just content to make the postseason.

16 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yup, we gotta keep up. Even if it's for depth pieces. Eloy getting hurt 2 games after coming back already has me doubting how healthy we'll be for the stretch run. 

Don’t forget how long it took Grandal to find his swing after his last lower leg injury 

Just now, fathom said:

Don’t forget how long it took Grandal to find his swing after his last lower leg injury 

Yup I don't expect Robert and Grandal to contribute at the levels we expect them to right when they come back. As long as they get right for October, we should be ok though. 

31 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

This is going to piss me off. 

Just now, Tony said:

This is going to piss me off. 

Oof getting out-done by the fucking Rays at the deadline is gonna suck. I know they have way better prospects to trade, but the fact that they're willing to take on all this money while we're not is deflating.

As others have said, if they don't make another move....they are playing to win the division and that's it. Can they win the World Series? Absoltuely. But they aren't treating the deadline like that, at all. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Tony said:

As others have said, if they don't make another move....they are playing to win the division and that's it. Can they win the World Series? Absoltuely. But they aren't treating the deadline like that, at all. 

You and your high standards. Don't you know you're supposed to be content?

• Haha 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Burger, Sheets, Adolfo, Stiever, +

Of those three, I'd really like to keep Sheets, if possible. I think the guy has legit LH Power potential. But I can't help but feel like the Rays would easily beat that package. Plus, I guess the Cubs already got their 1B of the future when they traded Joc. 

Just now, South Sider said:

Of those three, I'd really like to keep Sheets, if possible. I think the guy has legit LH Power potential. But I can't help but feel like the Rays would easily beat that package. Plus, I guess the Cubs already got their 1B of the future when they traded Joc. 

They got a guy who is hitting  .197.342/.361 as a 22 year old in A ball

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

And your point is?

The White Sox have a very right-hand-heavy lineup, especially coming into the season prior to the injuries. Robert, Jiménez, Abreu, Anderson, Vaughn, Madrigal, Grandal is dramatically better against lefties, Moncada is somewhat better against lefties, Mercedes was in the lineup for a while and was dramatically better against lefties, Engel can be a platoon player against lefties. In that case, adding some ability to hit right handed pitchers with a lefty bat has some potential to have very strong leverage, outweighing the loss of defense. That isn't the case for another righty.

25 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

we just can‘t compete with the big market teams

notice how some of these teams are trying to upgrade places they were even adequate in. Can't stand when teams "improve" by going from below average to average production. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Tray laugh reacts at like 10 straight posts, and then starts posting about how scared he is of the Cubs.  Never change.

It’s so easy to tell when it’s tray laughing at posts because they come in bulk, are almost always unwarranted, and then are followed by him making some nonsensical tirade