Sox Acquire Kimbrel; Madrigal, Heuer to Cubs

Baron

I need to get lunch. And every effing time I get lunch during a trade period there is a sox trade and I ahve to go read through takes to make sure my take is still original for my fans and it drives me crazy.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I would have significant doubt that the Sox would trade Kimbrel in the off-season, and why would you pay the 1 1/2 year price that is heightened by the deadline demands only to turn around and trade him in the off-season and very likely get much less in return?

I get what you're saying, but this team needs to spend it's resources better given the past few off-seasons and what they've shown.

Spending it now on Kimbrel makes sense. For 2022…not so much. 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would trade Crochet basically because I have a hard time believing he ever converts to a starter, and it really doesn't feel like the sox have any plans to do that either. So if he's just a bullpen guy, then...lets go use him for the best bullpen guy.

I don't think he will convert to a starter with the White Sox but I think he can with another team especially a rebuilding team like the Cubs who will have no problem keeping him in the minors for a couple years.  

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would trade Crochet basically because I have a hard time believing he ever converts to a starter, and it really doesn't feel like the sox have any plans to do that either. So if he's just a bullpen guy, then...lets go use him for the best bullpen guy.

He just turned 22 dude!