8/3 Game Thread Sox vs Royals 7:10 1st pitch

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's so comfortable hitting with 2 strikes. Hardly ever expands his zone. He's very impressive to watch hit.

What bothered me about that PA is that we either tried to get him to swing at an out of the zone fastball or Dylan missed 3 straight times with a fastball he was trying to paint. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

What bothered me about that PA is that we either tried to get him to swing at an out of the zone fastball or Dylan missed 3 straight times with a fastball he was trying to paint. 

He’s overthrowing everything. Making his velocity good but he’s hung some breaking pitches and missing glove side

Just now, fathom said:

Has an incredible fastball so far

You have to wonder if the extra day of rest did him some good. I've seen him go as low as 94 on some fastballs in his recent starts. He's pumping 98-99 consistently tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I don't think he's doing anything nefarious, but I wonder how Cease got the spin on his fastball back to where it was before the sticky stuff crackdown

I'm guessing he's got some good hair gel now lol

I notice him going to his hair a lot between pitches. Probably trying to get a sweat and rosin mixture going. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I'm concerned teams may have figured something out with Tim's inability to pull the ball in the air. Why give him anything away when all he'll do on an inside pitch is hit it on the ground?

He's gotta figure something out. If they're just pitching him inside he's gotta maybe start thinking about inside-outing the ball more.