Mavs-Celts trade

I wonder if that really makes Dallas better.  They already have plenty of Walker style players.

Cuban better go out and buy more basketballs, cuz there won't be enough on the floor for that team now.

Add to it the fact that Walker is a HORRIBLE shooter and I don't think this trade helps the Mavericks at all.

I wonder if that really makes Dallas better.  They already have plenty of Walker style players.

Exactly. Scorers who don't play any D.

They've got Finley, Dirk, Jamison and now Walker, who all fit in that category.

Jamison and Walker play the same position, why have them both?

If you play Walker at the 4, that puts Dirk at the 5, which is going to be awfully weak downlow.

Cuban gets props for bringing the Mavs to life, but some of his moves have been totally stupid from a basketball personnel standpoint.

Walker is not a horrible shooter. I've watched him every year since he was drafted. He is erratic at times, but he is clutch and he has heart. No way you can call him horrible. His defense is not top-tier but it is solid. I know I'd take Antoine over LaFrentz in a heartbeat.

Exactly. Scorers who don't play any D.

They've got Finley, Dirk, Jamison and now Walker, who all fit in that category.

Jamison and Walker play the same position, why have them both?

If you play Walker at the 4, that puts Dirk at the 5, which is going to be awfully weak downlow. 

Cuban gets props for bringing the Mavs to life, but some of his moves have been totally stupid from a basketball personnel standpoint.

The way I see it is they are definately going to play a zone so they want to have better athletes on the floor. With the offense they play they really don't need a true big man so that isn't really an issue and Jamison can provide an inside scoring threat. Say what you want about Walker but he might thrive in Dallas. He won't have to be a big scorer there and if he becomes more of a distributor he will fit in great there because he is an excellent passer. Everyone else on the floor will be looking to score so if Walker can reign in his ego and become a distributor this trade may work out. Getting Delk is a very good move in my opinion. He'll make up for the loss of Van Exel. Essentially Dallas traded Lafrentz and Van Exel for Jamison, Fortson, Walker, and Delk.

Walker is not a horrible shooter. I've watched him every year since he was drafted. He is erratic at times, but he is clutch and he has heart. No way you can call him horrible. His defense is not top-tier but it is solid. I know I'd take Antoine over LaFrentz in a heartbeat.

He's lead the NBA in three's made a few times, but his percentage is not good at all from the field.

He also commands the ball a lot to play his game, which he won't be able to do as much on Dallas. He'll be the second or third option at best.

And his D, while not horrible, is not going to stop anyone. He's lazy and if he's not having a good game offensively, he doesn't play as hard on the defensive end. It's obvious that he wasn't the best player on the Celtics because they chose to keep Pierce to lead them rather than Walker.

I think Boston got a better deal here because they also picked up Welsch and a first round draft pick and LaFrentz who will be a good 2nd option for them.

The way I see it is they are definately going to play a zone so they want to have better athletes on the floor.  With the offense they play they really don't need a true big man so that isn't really an issue and Jamison can provide an inside scoring threat.  Say what you want about Walker but he might thrive in Dallas.  He won't have to be a big scorer there and if he becomes more of a distributor he will fit in great there because he is an excellent passer.  Everyone else on the floor will be looking to score so if Walker can reign in his ego and become a distributor this trade may work out.  Getting Delk is a very good move in my opinion.  He'll make up for the loss of Van Exel.  Essentially Dallas traded Lafrentz and Van Exel for Jamison, Fortson, Walker, and Delk.

Forgot to add that Lafrentz had a 5 year$69 million dollar contract and I believe Walker only has one year left on his.

The Celtics could use a big man in the weak Eastern Conference. I don't see any other big men avaiable. I like this trade for the Celtics. The Celtics are a team with not a great deal of selfishness, I think Walker their only selfish player. I think Raef is going to have a huge year this season.

He had the worst shooting % ( .388 ) of ANY NBA player who averaged 8 points or more.

His free throw % ( .615 ) was worse than Shaquille O'Neal's.

He had one of the worst 3-point shooting %s in the league ( .323 ), yet throws up countless 3-pointers.

That's a horrible shooter.

I think Don Nelson got beat up by a big man at some point in his life. Has he ever coached a true center?

The quote I heard down here when Shaq's name came up and someone asked who would guard him they responded Who guards Shaq now!? With only a couple true NBA prototype centers in the league the Mavs are going to put out 5 of the most athletic guys they can find, score a ton of points and be back in the conference finals.

I remember all the years Disney on Ice or the Circus would come to town and the Bulls would go on the disaster of a road trip. The Texas triangle would be a huge loss to Houston, small loss to the Spurs, and probably beat Dallas. Then on to the coast and drop two or three in a row there. Strange to be discussing if this is what Dallas needs to make the finals.

Walker is an awul basketball player. If you think otherwise, you need to watch more basketball.

Walker's only overrated cos he was da no. 3 draft pick and ppl expect him to be a superstar. Celtics win on this trade, LaFrentz plays Center and will put up good numbers in da east, while I don't know how Dallas plays Jamison, Nowitski and Walker all together. They're all gonna want da ball. Imagine if Nash leaves that team next year.