Mavs-Celts trade

I think it is a lose-lose for both teams in the short run, but possible a win for Boston in the long run. Dallas didn't improve with this trade. As everyone has already pointed out, Walker is a bad shooter and will be unhappy with the amount of touches he gets(although it wil probably be for the best since he is a bad shooter). Walker doesn't address Dallas's biggest weakness, which is a true center who can rebound and play D. Boston didn't win this trade either(at least in the short run). LaFrentz numbers will probably be better in the EAST with more PT and a weaker conference, however he is not a true center. He is more like a tall small forward. He spends more time on the outside then he does on the inside, not to mention that he is a horrible rebounder and suspect defensively. He simply doesn't address Boston's biggest weakness of a true low post player that can rebound(Boston was outrebounded by 4.5 boards per game). Boston might win in the long run if Welch develops into a solid player and they draft well with their 1st round pick(although it will probably be a low pick). So the way that I see it is that both teams traded from their strengths and added to their strengths, which doesn't improve either team. Dallas will be good, but once again will not make the Championship game in the talented West. Boston will once agian struggle to make the playoffs in the weak EAST.

Obviously not.  I guess you missed the 62 percent of of his shots that clanged off the rim huh?

I guess you missed the fact that he was a great passer, has a very good inside game (when he chooses to use it) for a guy his size, was the team's leader and made the all-star team?

I guess you missed the fact that he was a great passer, has a very good inside game (when he chooses to use it) for a guy his size, was the team's leader and made the all-star team?

I didn't. Like I said in a previous post, if Walker becomes a distributor not a scorer for Dallas this will be a good move for them. Nash is more of a scoring point guard and really, everyone just goes one on one for that team. Walker if he isn't jacking up 30 shots a game could really bring a new dimension to that team.

...was the team's leader...

From what I read and saw on TV, one of the bigger reasons he was dealt was because they didn't like his leadership, or preceived leadership.

They wanted to "get his stamp off the franchise" and go in a different direction.

He's a fairly talented basketball player, he just isn't very selective with his shot.

Sorry, youre obviously baseketball ignorant. My bad for debating with someone in that situation.

Sorry, youre obviously baseketball ignorant.  My bad for debating with someone in that situation.

Walker isn't great but he is hardly horrible. He is a solid player and if he can check the ego and play the role of distributor he will be a good pickup for Dallas. At any rate he is better than Raef Lafrentz.

Walker isn't great but he is hardly horrible.  He is a solid player and if he can check the ego and play the role of distributor he will be a good pickup for Dallas.  At any rate he is better than Raef Lafrentz.

I sure wouldn't want him on my team if I valued winning. Apparently, I'm not the only one to see the obvious. Boston did, too.

And I am the one who is basketball ignorant...

"LaFrentz gives Boston a shot blocker, and he can be a slightly better rebounder and defender than Walker, but overall this trade downgraded the Celtics. Walker was vital to everything they did--he ran the offense, was their best rebounder and rallied his teammates in the locker room...this team won't play with as much intensity now that its leader is gone."

"[Dalls] not only unloaded Raef LaFrentz's bad contract to Boston but also got one of the NBA's most versatile players, Antoine Walker, in return. Walker gives Dallas a leader who can fill various roles from night to night with his scoring, passing and rebounding..."

Those are quotes from NBA scouts, they must be basketball ignorant also I guess.