8/4 Game Thread Sox vs Royals 7:10 1st pitch

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Why is a strike call 100% on the catcher? 

It isn't . If I he's talking about that pitch in the zone where the catcher had to move his glove from low and away to up and in. Framing has nothing to do with a pitch like that. Framing usually only applies to when a pitch ends up close to where you wanted it to be. If a pitcher completely misses his spot framing has nothing to do with the call since he has to move his glove so far so fast and its impossible to frame a pitch like that .

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is wrong. Toronto's staff has been amazing and so has Houston's. Boston's staff has been good and they will add Sale. The Yankees staff has gotten better. Those teams are certainly feeling pretty good. 

The Sox have like 4 top 25 starters by fWAR. Giolito and Rodon are both hitting a rough patch right now, it happens.

Yankees fans were on tilt about Gerrit Cole until a few weeks ago. Even when their rotation isn't on the COVID list, Cole and Montgomery are their only 2 reliable starters. If we're concerned over Giolito and Rodon, how would you be feeling about Jameson Taillon as a #3 starter? Andrew Heaney? Come on. Houston's rotation is very good, but Framber Valdez has regressed hard over the last month. Odorizzi and Greinke BOTH have FIP's over 7 in the second half, etc. Of course those teams still have very good rotations. But so do the White Sox.

We're all hyper focused on our own team so we don't realize that other teams players go through struggles too.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He looks like he's 35 years old at the plate with his diminished power and inability to hit the fastball.

I mean Jose is approaching 35 and he's finally having issues with velocity this year. 

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Moncada crushed 4 seamers last year so it really doesn't make sense to me why he isn't hitting them this year

He's just a hard player to understand. His profile is all over the place on a yearly basis.