8/4 Game Thread Sox vs Royals 7:10 1st pitch

2 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

How disappointing, glad we didn’t shell out a large extension on him last year, he’s still got a long ways to go. 

I would bank on Lucas being traded before his current contract is up, unless the Sox get him signed to a very team friendly extension

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I would bank on Lucas being traded before his current contract is up, unless the Sox get him signed to a very team friendly extension

Who would replace him? That leaves you with Kopech, Cease and Lynn. If they are contending (which they should be), I can't see them trading him. The optics would be horrible and it leaves a big hole in the rotation. The Rays can pull something like that off. I don't think the Sox can. 

54 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Who would replace him? That leaves you with Kopech, Cease and Lynn. If they are contending (which they should be), I can't see them trading him. The optics would be horrible and it leaves a big hole in the rotation. The Rays can pull something like that off. I don't think the Sox can. 

I can just imagine how much he would be worth after two TJ surgeries and just 2023 left on his deal, if you’re comparing it to the Glasnow trade rumors.  Of course, Tyler has Top 3 stuff in the AL when healthy.

57 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Keuchel will be here at $18M and won't be mopping up blowouts.  And TBA is a hot prospect.  Even Lopez showed signs his last  times on the mound.  Or it might be as simple as realizing that hitters are sitting on Gio's changeup and altering his pitching strategy to counter it.

Edited by Stinky Stanky

52 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The farm is literally in shambles and in desperate need of rebuilding

This team could end up looking like the 2009-2018 teams very quickly if they don't do something, unless you think they're going to bump payroll to 200m+?

the fact that they haven't been able to lock up Lucas yet makes me wonder if the writing is on the wall, we will see

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

The farm is literally in shambles and in desperate need of rebuilding

This team could end up looking like the 2009-2018 teams very quickly if they don't do something, unless you think they're going to bump payroll to 200m+?

the fact that they haven't been able to lock up Lucas yet makes me wonder if the writing is on the wall, we will see

I’m sure someone will suggest trading Kimbrel to acquire another young pitcher…although with his contract (unless the White Sox eat some or it’s a top 6-8 payroll team) he’s not even going to get you Luis Patino, it’s going to be the A ball version with much higher volatility and 2+ years away from the majors.

Maybe I’m underestimating Kimbrel’s value now…but it certainly won’t increase in the next 2+ months with fewer save opportunities.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Friendly reminder that these are fellow humans who play this game. 

I don't know the back story on this but seriously, can we not turn into Yankees fans please?

That’s bleeping absurd. ?

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I’m sure someone will suggest trading Kimbrel to acquire another young pitcher…although with his contract (unless the White Sox eat some or it’s a top 6-8 payroll team) he’s not even going to get you Luis Patino, it’s going to be the A ball version with much higher volatility and 2+ years away from the majors.

Maybe I’m underestimating Kimbrel’s value now…but it certainly won’t increase in the next 2+ months with fewer save opportunities.

So Kimbrels value has cratered in 5 days in your estimation? 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

but it certainly won’t increase in the next 2+ months with fewer save opportunities.

Gotcha, just previous to that you were saying Kimbrel wouldn’t return anything of note without eating $. Which is comical considering what he just returned 5 days ago.