8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

1.) The Yankees lineup is about 50% of “don’t let him beat you” types

2.) Kimbrel gave up a bomb also

3.) We’re playing 15 straight games without a day off

1: But Judge has been the most dangerous hitter in this series.

2. but it was a solo homer. Hendriks has given up 3 bombs with men on in the last 2 days.

3. Agree.  But we should be more flexible with pinch hitters and DH.  Rest our main guys against bottom feeders but not the Yankees.

23 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This in retrospect was one, dumb post. I think I picked a good favorite player about 3 seasons ago in Mr. RBI, Jose Abreu.

I already acknowledged that with chw like 5 posts later. But thank you for your 2 cents.

39 minutes ago, greg775 said:

He's been very bad of late. Must be humbling to be so rotten during this stretch. He's firing it in there and getting clobbered.

I Would wonder about his arm but he’s still blazing it. Just a stretch of bad luck maybe. 

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I already acknowledged that with chw like 5 posts later. But thank you for your 2 cents.

I just don't like seeing criticism of Jose. I feel he's earned a lifetime achievement award from Sox fans so to speak. At some point, it's dumb to question anything regarding a proven RBI man like Abreu. I just think some guys have earned the right to not be judged at bat to at bat. That's just me. I was that way with Konerko too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I just don't like seeing criticism of Jose. I feel he's earned a lifetime achievement award from Sox fans so to speak. At some point, it's dumb to question anything regarding a proven RBI man like Abreu. I just think some guys have earned the right to not be judged at bat to at bat. That's just me. I was that way with Konerko too.

Whatever strange deal you had with yourself to end a decade of in character trolling once the Sox fielded a good team -- I commend you for it.

44 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sox outplayed the Yankees tonight. Wasn't that close but sox just didn't capitalize. It happens. They play this game 10 times sox win 7+.

We shot ourselves in the foot by allowing Goodwin to hit twice against LHP in key situations.  We kept pitching to Judge and got burned.

28 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

It is unbelievable that TLR would let Goodwin hit twice against lefties late in a one run game.  And leave in the outfield also.  Goodwin should not be in our starting lineups, even against righties.

Garcia and Engel are both banged up, didn't really have any options. He could have pinched hit Vaughn for Goodwin but then you have Lamb in the game the whole time. 

1 minute ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

Getting beat by Gallo, Judge, and Stanton isnt really that embarrassing. That lineup with Rizzo would not be very fun

For sure but Liam is supposed to be the best. Kim tell had nothing looked good either. But they are top notch pitchers and when the playoffs are here they most likely will be lights out

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Whatever strange deal you had with yourself to end a decade of in character trolling once the Sox fielded a good team -- I commend you for it.

I'm no fair weather fan. I've been a Sox fan forever. I'm not as optimistic as El Rockin nor as pessimistic as some of the others.

Edited by greg775

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Garcia and Engel are both banged up, didn't really have any options. He could have pinched hit Vaughn for Goodwin but then you have Lamb in the game the whole time. 

I would have pinched hit Vaughn for Goodwin, and stay with Lamb,rather than Goodwin facing the lefty in a game situation.

9 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

For sure but Liam is supposed to be the best. Kim tell had nothing looked good either. But they are top notch pitchers and when the playoffs are here they most likely will be lights out

I like your optimism but I feel Liam is the 2nd coming of Lerrin Lagrow.

24 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Rest our main guys against bottom feeders but not the Yankees.

Look up who we’re playing the next 15 games against. There aren’t any bottom feeders coming.

24 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You are right.  Abreu had an unbelievable at bat in the9th.  One of the best of anyone this season.  It was a big shame that we couldn’t capitalize on it in the 10th. And it went to waste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1