8/15/21- Yankees @ White Sox- GT

soxfan49

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

eh, rather struggle now than in two months. teams run hot and cold; it's not a terrible time to get a little cold.

That's my point. I agree with you. We need to spend this time figuring things out and seeing what works best moving forward. Lineups, where pitchers fall in the pecking order, etc. 

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I agree. Would everyone rather have the them struggle now as opposed to the end of the season and into the playoffs.

True. Also I want to point out that there is no guarantee that by struggling now, we won't struggle later. Or if we were playing well now, that we couldn't in the postseason as well. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

True. Also I want to point out that there is no guarantee that by struggling now, we won't struggle later. Or if we were playing well now, that we couldn't in the postseason as well. 

We have yet to see this team when the starting staff, hitters, and bullpen are on their A game. It has always been a mix of amazing starting pitching or timely hitting. If theres any silver lining its there, and I hope it all comes together right around playoff time.

16 minutes ago, zisk said:

In 2005 we had a 15 game lead at the all star break. Indians cut it to 1 game with 6 to play. Nothing is assured in this life.

The Indians weren't bad, and they were the opposite of what they are now. The Indians waved the White Flag. That team in 2005 didn't wave the white flag.

On this date in 2005, the Indians were 8 games over 500 and the Sox had a 12 game lead. The Indians were still good. They were't 2 games under with a massively negative run differential.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Indians weren't bad, and they were the opposite of what they are now. The Indians waved the White Flag. That team in 2005 didn't wave the white flag.

They even had Grady Sizemore, Ozzie’s All-Time favorite rival player…like Hawk with Carlos Gomez and the young Royals.

47 minutes ago, zisk said:

In 2005 we had a 15 game lead at the all star break. Indians cut it to 1 game with 6 to play. Nothing is assured in this life.

And in 2004 the Red Sox came back from 0-3 to defeat the Yankees. So in 2005 when they fell behind 0-2 vs the White Sox, they were perfectly positioned.  The Indians came up short in 2005 and will be shortin 2021. They gave up.

Edited by Dick Allen

18 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Sizemore’s career crashed when that college chick hacked Brittany Binger’s email account and released all of Grady’s nudes. 

I also remember there was a crazy play the last week (maybe the next to last Sunday) where he lost a ball in the sun at KC, but I could be confusing it with the last full week of 2008 fighting it out against the Twins with Alexei.

Pretty sure that was another pivotal moment, following Riske vs. Crede.

2 hours ago, JoshPR said:

That's a concept many here don't understand.....

Sox got roasted by the TBS announcers for not challenging the two plays at first which were shown as safe in their replays.  Bringing in Foster in the 9th was inexplicable.  Is Kopech not available?

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Gotta love punting “meaningless” games 

I don’t like TLR managing moves.  Seems like in every game, there is a controversial decision or omission. Like today. Not challenging outs that are safe.  Bringing Foster in the 9th.  Not hit and running when we keep hitting into doubleplays.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

yeah that punt was another good move.

It was an awful move.  Foster apparently wasn’t watching previous games with the Yankees hitting homers on fastballs in the zone.  The pitch to Voit was a fastball cookie right down the middle.

2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

We have yet to see this team when the starting staff, hitters, and bullpen are on their A game. It has always been a mix of amazing starting pitching or timely hitting. If theres any silver lining its there, and I hope it all comes together right around playoff time.

Then there is the next road block. Now you have to play every series on the road in the playoffs. That makes things much more difficult. 

47 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Have there been any comments from TLR about the non challenges?

Yes and I quote:  “ There is only one of the two that came close to being banged, and it’s close enough to where I was told it was like a tie. The call in that situation is rarely overturned in your favor”.  Then he pivoted away and said “we had a heck of a lot of opportunities to make plays, get hits, make pitches than one replay”.

Needless to say I am not in agreement with TLR, a tie is normally safe.   He screwed up once more.

Edited by hankchifan

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Yes and I quote:  “ There is only one of the two that came close to being banged, and it’s close enough to where I was told it was like a tie. The call in that situation is rarely overturned in your favor”.  Then he pivoted away and said “we had a heck of a lot of opportunities to make plays, get hits, make pitches than one replay”.

Needless to say I am not in agreement with TLR, a tie is normally safe.   He screwed up once more.

The replay call isn't on tlr if he was told that. Hes not watching the replays.

54 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Dude needs to eat some pie.

Just now, hi8is said:

Zero.

There was an answer in the postgame. Tony said the guy (can’t remember the name) is good at what he does, said they were ties and unlikely to be overturned. The guy that looks may have been wrong on the first one, but the guys in the dugout have to make a quick decision based on his look at it.

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

There was an answer in the postgame. Tony said the guy (can’t remember the name) is good at what he does, said they were ties and unlikely to be overturned. The guy that looks may have been wrong on the first one, but the guys in the dugout have to make a quick decision based on his look at it.

The fun thing is that no one can be certain if he knew whether or not you lose the ability to challenge after the 7th inning so there was zero downside in asking for a review even if TA was out by 10 feet.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The fun thing is that no one can be certain if he knew whether or not you lose the ability to challenge after the 7th inning so there was zero downside in asking for a review even if TA was out by 10 feet.

These replays move too fast for TLR. He should delegate these decisions to Cairo.  Someone should also be responsible to tell TLR what the rules are.   He was criticized in the TBS broadcast for not challenging both plays at first when the runner was called out,  and replays showed they were safe.  TLR continues to cost us games.

• Fire 1