Songs to make you cry

sox4lifeinPA

I dunno; but, will somebody come here and tell me a bedtime story?  Please?!  :cheers

HEATHER bo beather your just like a feather anytime I hear that name it makes me want to go out in sunny weather oh heather we should go to get some leather pants for some sunny weather ohh heathe you mean so much to me almost as much as my leather pants i cant figure out wether or not to give you a great big feather oh oh oh heather............ oh oh oh heather

There's a Beatles song that I know some of the lyrics to, but I am not sure of the title.

"...She keeps her face in a jar by the door..."

"...She collects the rice after a wedding..."

"...were are all the lonely people..."

I might have screwed the lyrics I know up a bit, but it was something like that. That's always been one of my favorites for sad songs. That and the Righteous Brothers "You've lost that lovin' feeling."

There's a Beatles song that I know some of the lyrics to, but I am not sure of the title.

I might have screwed the lyrics I know up a bit, but it was something like that.  That's always been one of my favorites for sad songs.  That and the Righteous Brothers "You've lost that lovin' feeling."

Eleanor Rigby. Classic from Revolver.

I might have screwed the lyrics I know up a bit, but it was something like that.  That's always been one of my favorites for sad songs.  That and the Righteous Brothers "You've lost that lovin' feeling."

That's it! Thanks - it would have driven me nuts all day trying to think of the lyric with her name in it (I knew the title was a name)!

THANKS! :)

That's it! Thanks - it would have driven me nuts all day trying to think of the lyric with her name in it (I knew the title was a name)!

THANKS! :)

No problem. The Beatles are my all time favorites. As a matter of a fact my wife and I's first dance was to a Beatles song.

It's "Wearing her face that she keeps in a jar by the door, all the lonely people, where do they all come from, all the lonely people, where do they all belong?"

Anyhow, great song.

Over in Liverpool there's actually a grave of someone named Elanor Rigby, but Paul and the rest of the Beatles claim there's no relation of that grave to this song. Nonetheless, it's still frequently visited by Beatles fans.

Ever since the NHL All-Star game at the old Stadium, during Gulf War 1, the Star Spangle banner chokes me up. I guess at that moment I became old and sentimental.

Also in no particular order:

In my Life

Brandy

Billy Don't be a Hero

The Night Chicago Died

Lady in Red is a good one too.

She gave me a cd of songs before she left...not a good idea...it was inspiration for this thread.

Girls have done that for me before and anytime you hear any song they put on the CD, it instantly makes you think of them...which can be good or bad, depending on whether you want to remember or forget the person. In my case, it's usually wanting to forget.

Way back when, I was a dj in a box and did a few weddings. Someone asked me to play Lady in Red and I didn't give it a second glance. About half way through I see the mother-of-the-bride spitting fire and heading my way. (This will tell you how long ago this was) she yanked the record (vinyl) off the Technics 1200 turntable and flung it. Screaming that that was not an appropriate wedding song.

I grabbed Celebration! and dropped that on as fast as possible :D

Ever since the NHL All-Star game at the old Stadium, during Gulf War 1, the Star Spangle banner chokes me up. I guess at that moment I became old and sentimental.

Also in no particular order:

In my Life

Brandy

Billy Don't be a Hero

The Night Chicago Died

Is Brandy the song that goes, "Brandy.....your a fine girl..what a good wife you would be.....but my life my love and my lady..is the sea."

I always thought of it as a pretty upbeat song...but I guess if the song has emotional attachment it doesnt matter.

Others to add:

Differences....Genuine

Daniel...........Elton John

Here ya go PA. It kinda fits with your current road trip:

Last Kiss

Oh where, oh where can my baby be?

The Lord took her away from me

She's gone to Heaven so I got to be good

So I can see my baby when I leave this world

We were out on a date in my daddy's car

We hadn't driven very far

There in the road, straight ahead