8/31 game thread Sox vs Pirates 7:10 first pitch

Good to see Robert can still beat that out. He was 88 percentile in sprint speed before the injury, he's now 77% on Baseball Savant. I'm guessing he's probably around 70 percentile currently. 

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Good to see Robert can still beat that out. He was 88 percentile in sprint speed before the injury, he's now 77%. I'm guessing he's probably around 70 percentile now. 

I just assumed he was taking it easy for the time being, that easy double last week where he stopped at 1b seemed to suggest he was told to ease up

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It will be at this rate 

Let's hope our GM makes a better decision for his replacement...just hope Cesar doesn't hurt our playoff chances.  Play good defense and not be a complete black hole.  Maybe he gets hot at the right time.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I just assumed he was taking it easy for the time being, that easy double last week where he stopped at 1b seemed to suggest he was told to ease up

I believe that happened because Robert missed 1B. He's definitely taking it easy some, but in the Cubs series he looked like his 2020 self ranging around CF.

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

He definitely is, but I'm not sure he's capable of getting up to what he was pre-injury quite yet. Keep in mind they measure sprint speed at max speed, not necessarily when he's jogging to 2B on a sure double or 1B on a sure single.