Should non-playoff teams get an earlier date to start trading in the off-season?

joejoesox

been thinking about this for a while, thoughts?

would it affect parity between the top and bottom of the league?

you could mix it up even, but the point is to not allow the best teams to be on equal footing with teams who clearly need the help

we already do this with the draft (worst teams have access to the best draft players)

Edited by joesaiditstrue

22 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

It wouldn't change anything. Teams would just wait until everybody is able to make trades.

I thought about that, but there's really no way to know for sure. If a player or team thinks it could be advantageous in some way, it could be useful

I just think MLB needs to prop up the teams with smaller fan bases.  The payroll disparity is already disgusting as it is. For every 1 Tampa Bay, there's 10 teams who will struggle to put a team together without serious help

A lot of casual fans enjoy seeing the same teams in the playoffs every year, I'm not one of them tho

The reason MLB won’t do this is actually ARod. Back in 07 he had an opt out in his contract, and our good friend Scott Boras decided to leak that ARod was going to opt out on the final night of the World Series, allowing Fox to spend several breathless innings discussing that as though it was far more important than the actual game in front of them. I don’t think anyone ever wants to see that again, and especially not now in the age of Twitter.

• Thanks 1