The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Ok, so a flat pre-Arb pool and it counting against CBT are the strings?

Counting against the cap is pretty small in grand scheme of things - but the flat is probably a negotiating point that has to get adjusted.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

So what are their definitions of what a small market team is versus large market team?

I just don't like the small market vs. large market difference in draft picks. Feels like they do enough around revenue sharing and you have to call it a day at some point. This is getting interesting though around rewarding teams with picks for calling up people earlier. Can we proactively rata that to last year when we didn't play service time semantics with Kopech/Vaughn.  

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That is the trigger - they really want to push it so that they get 14 teams and players get what they want via that. Obviously players want to hold that 14 out there and keep it in there back pocket for the next labor deal (if they could).  

8 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

tonight seems like they're trying to at least make something work, which i could totally be imagining 

I feel the same way.  It actually looks like they are trying for real instead of just posturing like so often previously. 

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Counting against the cap is pretty small in grand scheme of things - but the flat is probably a negotiating point that has to get adjusted.  

I don’t disagree but also wouldn’t be opposed to a flat in this CBA to be revisited next time.  I feel like it’s a minor sticking point that they shouldn’t let derail the whole deal. 

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I would guess the top two division winners get a bye. Third best division winner plays WC3, and WC1 plays WC2 (probably a 3 game series).

That makes sense.  I don’t hate it.  Best of 3 WC might give top seeds too much time off?  Maybe?  IDK.