The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I feel like I wouldn’t hate them signing another lefty if Crochet is in the Kopech type of role from last season (or if he’s traded).

I'd love it if they signed another RP, in order to send Crochet down to get stretched out.

I dont think that this team NEEDS Kopech and Crochet to get to the new, expanded postseason. Meanwhile, Giolito is on a trip out of town sooner or later, while Lynn and Keuchel are not getting younger.

So, I'd rather that they spend the time and effort to find out if Crochet and Kopech are SPs or not.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

My Prediction

Conforto 5/110.  Tepera 2/13. Kimbrel traded for Marchan and Alvarado/Dominguez.  Rodon signed 1/22. with a 25 million innings vesting option at 150 innings pitched.  This puts us around 230 I think.

Given The list of FA SPs, I'm not convinced that Rodon isn't the best SP available right now. (I could be convinced otherwise, if I looked more thoroughly.)

I dont relish the chance for RH/KW to get outright robbed in trade; if they trade with Oakland, they'll lose the trade, period. 

That aside, the rest of your list makes sense, except that I still don't think the SOX will be able to shed all of Kimbrel’s salary.

5 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I'd love it if they signed another RP, in order to send Crochet down to get stretched out.

I dont think that this team NEEDS Kopech and Crochet to get to the new, expanded postseason. Meanwhile, Giolito is on a trip out of town sooner or later, while Lynn and Keuchel are not getting younger.

So, I'd rather that they spend the time and effort to find out if Crochet and Kopech are SPs or not.

I agree…but we will see. I feel like they should have started in the minors last year, along with Vaughn but oh well.

6 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

That ship sailed when we didn't try this last year.  He is a career reliever now.

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I agree…but we will see. I feel like they should have started in the minors last year, along with Vaughn but oh well.

Yeah. I took a shit ton of hassle from others for suggesting that same thing a year ago. I will once again take a shit ton of hassle this offseason for the same thing.

I remain convinced that these three have reasons to not be here to start this season. I remain MORE convinced that this team has more than enough talent WITHOUT them to start the season, in order to make the post season.

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

That ship sailed when we didn't try this last year.  He is a career reliever now.

I hope not. I hope they didn't squander a high pick on a reliever.

At a minimum, can they, ya know, TRY to see if he can be more than a reliever? Pretty please? 

There is enough talent here to start the season without Kopech/Crochet/Vaughn to make the post season. And just because they could be in Charlotte working on some things, does NOT mean that they'll die or never be here again.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Please sweet jesus not another season of Collins being the backup catcher. That's all I ask from Rick in the next few weeks. Well that and an outfielder. 

I bet they sign a veteran to compete with Collins, Zavala and even Perez.

I think Robinson Chirinos is still out there.

21 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

The Crochet to minors ship has sailed.  I think they'll work to stretch him out some towards the back half of the season.  Make some spots starts.  Work multiple innings.  Call in the Kopech role from 2021, but hopefully they commit to it a bit better.  Not convinced Crochet is going to be a SP, but I think you at least have to try.

While I definitely would have had all of Vaughn, Kopech and Crochet in the minors to start last season, they didn't, and they are not going to change courses on that at this point. 

• Like 1