The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

That makes sense.  I don’t hate it.  Best of 3 WC might give top seeds too much time off?  Maybe?  IDK. 

Sucks for division winner 3, but guess it creates some competition among division winners going down the stretch. 

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Yeah, I would let division winner 3 and WC1 play all three games at home. 

I think 3rd division winner getting all three games at home makes sense.  I’d have WC1 winner just get normal HFA so there is some benefit (even if small) from winning the division but not getting a bye.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I think 3rd division winner getting all three games at home makes sense.  I’d have WC1 winner just get normal HFA so there is some benefit (even if small) from winning the division but not getting a bye.

Any bye or hfa is overrated....as we all know it's more important to be properly rested and healthy for the post season.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just feel like the WC1 is better than the third division winner a lot of the time and just happen to play in the same division as the top division winner. It would also completely eliminate travel from those first series and speed up the process (which then means one less day the top two division winners have to sit and wait). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Can’t wait to get back into the real important topics around here!

Agreed....I'll start....Luis Alexander Basabe's brother Luis Alexandros Basabe is a free agent and a 2B....discuss.

Edited by wegner

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I just feel like the WC1 is better than the third division winner a lot of the time and just happen to play in the same division as the top division winner. It would also completely eliminate travel from those first series and speed up the process (which then means one less day the top two division winners have to sit and wait). 

My one criticism of a best of 3 would be how long top seeds would be idle.  A 3 game HFA helps that, and incentivises the other two WC teams to fight for a higher seed.  I would be in favour. 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

My one criticism of a best of 3 would be how long top seeds would be idle.  A 3 game HFA helps that, and incentivises the other two WC teams to fight for a higher seed.  I would be in favour. 

I wonder if they are still considering letting the top seed choose their 1st opponent?

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Lol nice.  Total Hahn fail.  Jerry hired Hahn.   Maybe Cuban will buy the Sox and fix things

Yes....these are the types of conversations I'm looking forward to as soon as the Kimbrel-less watch is able to resume.